St-John's / Newfoundland Blizzard

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder why they shoveled out their cars only to face a solid wall of snow. Nowhere to go.
Gotta start somewhere....:thud: And besides, I would want my car exposed so that when the city does come around to do the roads they don't accidentally plow into it or push/pile the snow into it either.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was wondering if they are even going to be able to use a normal plow for all that. I'd be afraied it would destroy things; shoving snow back onto those cars. Either way; it's a mess!

I was confused about how much snow they actually got. I saw different reports up to 12 feet. :dunno: I guess the blowing was more of the problem than the totals? We had a blizzard that finished with ice when I was a kid. We thought it was so cool walking on top of snow several feet deep. :lol: I remember my mother having to go out a window to get the front door clear. Her car was pretty buried too. I just don't remember if we had the drifting snow with that one.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think they got around 80 cm (31 inches), but they had hurricane strength wind, so drifting was a huge issue, and is probably where the reports of 12 feet came from

And about snow removal ...