Spontaneous Cat Aggression

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, Tarifa's definitely a BEWT. I keep asking her who she got those ears from. (I LOVE them). And she is our resident Lion Queen, keeping us supplied with fresh (sparkle/twinkle ball) prey daily, sometimes more than one. The big purple one is her favorite, followed by the rather sparse silver and white one and then the nice big gold one. I don't know how we'd survive without her hunting skills and generosity. She'll catch one and then parade it down the long hall that runs the length of the house, yowling with it in her mouth. Sometimes she'll drop it right by me, and other times it'll be somewhere close.
I think the human race would die off if we weren't supplied with fresh sparkle twinkle ball prey, don't you? :flail: So cute!
Ours will bring us big (as big as her head) fuzzy ball toys made out of felt or fleece. She'll carry them around lovingly, then drop them and viciously attack them.
If I'm busy and don't want a cat in my lap she'll stomp off, then a few minutes later I'll hear her giving out a low cry so I'll call her, she'll walk into the room with a toy in her mouth and stare at me. If I say a word, she rushes to me then gets petted with this huge toy in her mouth. I think it's an attention seeking thing with her.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the human race would die off if we weren't supplied with fresh sparkle twinkle ball prey, don't you? :flail: So cute!
Ours will bring us big (as big as her head) fuzzy ball toys made out of felt or fleece. She'll carry them around lovingly, then drop them and viciously attack them.
If I'm busy and don't want a cat in my lap she'll stomp off, then a few minutes later I'll hear her giving out a low cry so I'll call her, she'll walk into the room with a toy in her mouth and stare at me. If I say a word, she rushes to me then gets petted with this huge toy in her mouth. I think it's an attention seeking thing with her.
Oh yeah, that low cry! I know that one! And yes, I do that with Tar, too. They say cats do this to show you how to hunt because to them, humans are really hopeless hunters.
I love when they kick, bite and lick the toys! That's the best.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, that low cry! I know that one! And yes, I do that with Tar, too. They say cats do this to show you how to hunt because to them, humans are really hopeless hunters.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm surprised at how good of a hunter our cat with hyperesthesia is, he is intense and will happily murder any toy in his path no matter what he's feeling like!
One of our cats isn't a toy guy but roll a plain tennis ball his way and he turns into a four footed "grasp and kick the crap out of this thing" machine, while flinging his head around like a complete dork and showing off his inherited overbite with his wee little fangs poking out of his mouth.
I'm a very simple man and I think now, you all know that.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm surprised at how good of a hunter our cat with hyperesthesia is, he is intense and will happily murder any toy in his path no matter what he's feeling like!
One of our cats isn't a toy guy but roll a plain tennis ball his way and he turns into a four footed "grasp and kick the crap out of this thing" machine, while flinging his head around like a complete dork and showing off his inherited overbite with his wee little fangs poking out of his mouth.
I'm a very simple man and I think now, you all know that.
*ROFMMTO*:crackup::lolup: *So I guess I'm in good company in that club* ;)
So you have a tail-chewer too? Baby Su went through a stage of chasing her tail, catching it, and growling at it. Then she actually started biting it. I was afraid I was going to have to take her in -- not an easy decision to make, as she's feral, only bonded to me, and bites rather easily, something they might not like at the vet's -- but fortunately she stopped it.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*ROFMMTO*:crackup::lolup: *So I guess I'm in good company in that club* ;)
So you have a tail-chewer too? Baby Su went through a stage of chasing her tail, catching it, and growling at it. Then she actually started biting it. I was afraid I was going to have to take her in -- not an easy decision to make, as she's feral, only bonded to me, and bites rather easily, something they might not like at the vet's -- but fortunately she stopped it.
In keeping with the thread title, his aggression towards his own butt and tail was something we noticed. He'd zone out, stare off into space, then do a little angry cat yell and go after his tail. He'd sit there, staring at nothing, tail swishing, ears back (like there was something "back there") then attack it again and we were kind of thinking "wow, he's weird. Cats are funny when they do weird stuff" but when I woke up to a blood piercing scream and a cat with a horribly bloodied tail that wouldn't allow anyone to touch him, off to the vet we went. Later, when I could handle him once he'd calmed down, there was a 6 inch long scab running down the top of his tail that was sensitive to touch and obviously sore.
He had such a BEAUTIFUL full, fluffy tail, his crowning glory, and the years of pulling the fur out during his flare up times has left it looking a bit like Charlie Browns Christmas tree.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In keeping with the thread title, his aggression towards his own butt and tail was something we noticed. He'd zone out, stare off into space, then do a little angry cat yell and go after his tail. He'd sit there, staring at nothing, tail swishing, ears back (like there was something "back there") then attack it again and we were kind of thinking "wow, he's weird. Cats are funny when they do weird stuff" but when I woke up to a blood piercing scream and a cat with a horribly bloodied tail that wouldn't allow anyone to touch him, off to the vet we went. Later, when I could handle him once he'd calmed down, there was a 6 inch long scab running down the top of his tail that was sensitive to touch and obviously sore.
He had such a BEAUTIFUL full, fluffy tail, his crowning glory, and the years of pulling the fur out during his flare up times has left it looking a bit like Charlie Browns Christmas tree.
OMC!!! That would really be scary. Baby Su never got to that stage with her tail, thankfully. I wonder if it's like fibromyalgia in humans. I have a friend who has that and it's very painful.