Spayed Cat’s Healing

colbyraye

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I also posted yesterday but I just noticed this today. We got Marble spayed this past Monday (the 24th, it’s now the 29th) and I’m just rechecking to make sure this is all normal for a spay to heal. I’m gonna attach a couple photos if I can, but the whole area around her incision is a little raised and a little firm to the touch? Is this normal, or is it swollen?? I’ve been super worried since I’ve never had to take care of a spayed cat before so I’m unsure of what is normal. Is her incision looking alright? Should I be worried about that raised area? The little lump beside the top of her incision looks to be just one of her internal stitches to me. I just wanna make sure my little girl is okay!!

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

colbyraye

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I also posted yesterday but I just noticed this today. We got Marble spayed this past Monday (the 24th, it’s now the 29th) and I’m just rechecking to make sure this is all normal for a spay to heal. I’m gonna attach a couple photos if I can, but the whole area around her incision is a little raised and a little firm to the touch? Is this normal, or is it swollen?? I’ve been super worried since I’ve never had to take care of a spayed cat before so I’m unsure of what is normal. Is her incision looking alright? Should I be worried about that raised area? The little lump beside the top of her incision looks to be just one of her internal stitches to me. I just wanna make sure my little girl is okay!!
okay, she has rolled over and now looks normal. Was it just the way she was laying?

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It looks ok to me. I'm a worrier too, so I get why you're asking. My boy has to go in for a dental next week and I'm already worrying :alright:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think it was the way she was lying. The actual incision site looks really clean...no puffing, no redness, no weeping.