Spay

TayTay1818

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just got both of my cats fixed, and they both have a bump on their bellies now. One of them is small and the other bump is pretty big and it opened the incision a little bit. Theres a small hole and a tiny bit of puss and blood. I dont know what to do. Going to call the vet tomorrow. Anybody have any idea why this has happened?

Paris Pluto

Cat Daddy
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there.
Do you have any pictures of the incisions? If there's blood and pus and the incision seems open, I'd highly consider taking your cat to an emergency vet for peace of mind if that is possible. A healthy incision should be dry without much discharge, if any.

As for your other cat with a small bump, this could be a reaction to the sutures or sometimes after surgery, if the cat is too active, they can develop a harmless fluid bump (seroma). 2 of my cats had these fluid bumps because they would not stop running around after surgery.

Having said that, this is not professional advice; only from my experience.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

TayTay1818

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know about Seroma, i think thats what they both have, i think one of them is just infected. I was going to take them to an emergency vet but their are none close to me. Im calling their vet tomorrow. She seems to be acting fine.

Paris Pluto

Cat Daddy
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know about Seroma, i think thats what they both have, i think one of them is just infected. I was going to take them to an emergency vet but their are none close to me. Im calling their vet tomorrow. She seems to be acting fine.
That's great that she's acting fine :) Let us know how she goes tomorrow, hopefully it's nothing major.