Spay cam

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hung up a camera to see how Princess Zorro is doing. She has a huge lump after her spay but it's not hurting her, you can't push it back and it doesn't really hurt. The vet wanted to see how it goes this week but we'll probably go in end of the week to fix it.
Because yesterday I had to bring Vicky in because she had chewed through 2 layers of skin and stitches :frustrated: She's been re-opened and stitched back and is now in a straightjacket at the vet as they monitor her for complications.
How did I miss? I was in there every time, checking spay wounds, checking Zorro and Vicky still managed to get in trouble.

But anyway, for your enjoyment, spay cam

Zorro, see the lump?
Spay cam (3).JPG
Sister moment
Spay cam (7).JPG

Zorro keeps stretching
Spay cam (18).JPG

Suri being dramatic, she's fat....and being bullied by the big group
Spay cam (77).JPG

Snoopy enters
Spay cam (100).JPG

A little play between Snoop and Zorro
Spay cam (127).JPG
Spay cam (128).JPG
Spay cam (129).JPG
Spay cam (130).JPG

Binti jumpscares Snoopy
Spay cam (131).JPG

Spay cam (138).JPG

A chase
Spay cam (159).JPG

Zorro back at it
Spay cam (166).JPG
Spay cam (167).JPG

And finally Binti decided to adjust the camera
Spay cam (199).JPG
Spay cam (200).JPG

Suri's like: 'Really?'
Spay cam (201).JPG

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder whether the jumping, climbing and stretching fro Princess Zorro made her stitch to get loose and create that lump.
It happened twice to two different cats that I rescued and had spayed. Nothing could be done to fix that lump, unfortunately 😔

Do you have such an arrangement of cages in your home? It's wonderful.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanking you, catlady76paws catlady76paws for sharing this wonderful series and descriptions with us, and for your labors of love! I'm always interested to see how cats fare all over the world, and I think this is the first time I've seen cats in the Netherlands!
Antonio65 Antonio65 An interesting hypothesis. I wonder, too.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm always interested to see how cats fare all over the world, and I think this is the first time I've seen cats in the Netherlands!
One of the cats I had rescued over two years ago (the cat is Freya's sister) was adopted out to a couple of Dutch people who later went back to the Netherlands.
So, I have one of my cats abroad 🇱🇺 ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Antonio65 Antonio65
Most of my cats are in regular rooms, bedrooms, hallways, just normal housing. The characters that match the best live together.
In 2019 I did TNR on a farm and turned my shed(attached to my house) into a holding area where the cats could recuperate from the spay before being returned. Then some of those cats stayed but they weren't a match for the kitties in the house but I couldn't leave them in the bare shed. It's insulated, has heating but we had used as a toolshed, lamb pen, even a stal for grown sheep. When I was doing the TNRing I was in need of cages and I build them myself, just for my needs, the one on the spay cam being such an example.
So we put in insulation on the floor, floorboard, put up some walls so we could keep our huge tool cabinet away from the kitties.

Plus we have a ringneck dove and laughing dove and after an incident with a kitten(Vicky, whose at the vet) getting in the bird cage and everybody having a snack, birds stay on the outside of the kitty room. I was going to find a home for the laughing dove but then I accidentally rescued the ringneck from a hawk and the doves love eachother now...they're both female, not the same species but what the heck....

Taking Zorro back to the vet, the lump has grown larger and is between her hind legs now. Could be a haematoma or just fluids and she's not sick from it but it's growing. So she'll be hanging out with Vicky who is still at the vet, being monitored closely. Never had this happen before. So the girls will likely stay at the vet a couple of days to keep them still.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Antonio65 Antonio65
Most of my cats are in regular rooms, bedrooms, hallways, just normal housing. The characters that match the best live together.
In 2019 I did TNR on a farm and turned my shed(attached to my house) into a holding area where the cats could recuperate from the spay before being returned. Then some of those cats stayed but they weren't a match for the kitties in the house but I couldn't leave them in the bare shed. It's insulated, has heating but we had used as a toolshed, lamb pen, even a stal for grown sheep. When I was doing the TNRing I was in need of cages and I build them myself, just for my needs, the one on the spay cam being such an example.
So we put in insulation on the floor, floorboard, put up some walls so we could keep our huge tool cabinet away from the kitties.

Plus we have a ringneck dove and laughing dove and after an incident with a kitten(Vicky, whose at the vet) getting in the bird cage and everybody having a snack, birds stay on the outside of the kitty room. I was going to find a home for the laughing dove but then I accidentally rescued the ringneck from a hawk and the doves love eachother now...they're both female, not the same species but what the heck....

Taking Zorro back to the vet, the lump has grown larger and is between her hind legs now. Could be a haematoma or just fluids and she's not sick from it but it's growing. So she'll be hanging out with Vicky who is still at the vet, being monitored closely. Never had this happen before. So the girls will likely stay at the vet a couple of days to keep them still.
*PRAYERS* for Zorro's care team to be able to treat and cure her. Please keep us informed.
When we lived in the desert, we had a 4-stall barn compound that my ex (and I, to some extent) made into a cat compound, with secured cat-fencing and carpet, insulation, sleeping cubicles, etc. We had a portable swamp cooler in one stall for the very hot summers, and a shop heater (oil heater) with thermostat for the very cold winters. We also put in a mister on an outside roof exposure to help cool them when they were in the yard in the summer time. All in all, it worked pretty well. The cats (12, all rescued from our previous location where they were "community cats", spayed/neutered, innoculated and vetted) had 2 stalls (each 12 feet by 12 feet) and our chickens had another. The last one was for storage.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Still waiting for word about Zorro. She's doing ok but they had some emergencies. It's a small practice and thankfully Zorro is not in pain.
Vicky came home with me, she really hated it there, tried to jump from the vet tech's arms and they understand very well a cat does better at home in his own envirement. She's sporting a nice red suit now.

In the back, you can see Vicky
Spay-cam (448).JPG

Vicky looks so defeated there
Spay-cam (537).JPG

Hello
Spay-cam (542).JPG

Binti checking the cam is working
Spay-cam (594).JPG

Spay-cam (604).JPG

There's Suri again. She was getting bullied by the others so she in with the youngsters..
Spay-cam (610).JPG

It's fun scrolling through the stills because if you do it fast enough it looks like it's moving