Space Heaters?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm looking for a space heater for my sister. Our 91 year old father lives with her, and she wants to get one to help keep him (and herself) warm over the winter. There are so many! I want to get one that's safe to use and can heat a small room. I'm thinking ceramic is the best option, but which manufacture? which model? The more I research, the more confused I get :confused2: Any input will be appreciated.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Holmes EcoSmart that I really like. It produces warm, but not hot air so you can get close without getting burned, can be set to shut off automatically after four hours which is good if you forget to turn it off and shuts itself off if tipped.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Holmes EcoSmart that I really like. It produces warm, but not hot air so you can get close without getting burned, can be set to shut off automatically after four hours which is good if you forget to turn it off and shuts itself off if tipped.
Thank you. Unfortunately, this is out of stock everything I looked.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have several Lasko ceramic heaters, not too tall and they oscillate which is a nice feature. I keep one in a small bathroom which has no heat in it (old house) and it keeps it nice and toasty even with the door left open all day. Another is in a small bedroom which is now my home office and is the last on the line of our radiators so the room needs some extra help. Last one is for where ever I think I need it - the living room tends to be drafty and I work from that space too - it comes in handy to keep my feet warm :D
There's several models available, I think this is the one I have but def did not pay the price shown.

Lasko 22.5-in. Ceramic Oscillating Tower Heater

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe an electric fireplace instead? Safer but probably doesn’t heat as well.

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a Pelonis stand up heater than oscillates back and forth. I got it from Walmart in 2014 for $35 and it still works so well and does a great job heating up any room I put it in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the advice everyone. This is the one I decided to buy. It got good reviews. Has three heat setting, safety turn off, safety tip turnoff, supposedly heats the whole room slowly not just a blast of air. Internal thermostats that turn it off and on as needed, and a five year warranty. The reviews say the manufacturer is very responsive to issues. I had it shipped to her to arrive tomorrow, so she can try it out this weekend. If she likes it, I'll get a second one for the bedroom.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MB4BQ0G/?tag=thecatsite