Soulmate

kittyprincesss

Loving Mother of a Flower Petal
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi my friends, back on this forum again, I guess you could call me a frequent flyer at this point.

It is another one of those nights, where I miss my soulmate. I saw this quote, that stung but also comforted me.
"I hope this grief stays with me. Because it's all the unexpressed love that I didn't get to tell her."

When I think about it, maybe thats why it still hurts so much. I still had so much love to give her, tell her, show her, and shower her in. When she left, its like all that love had nowhere to go, and it sits in my bones and makes me so sad sometimes. Of course I give this love to her sisters, in a way, but deep down theres love I never got to give her. Theres so much we didn't get to do, so much we didn't see, so many movies we didn't watch together, so many new blankets she has never laid on, so many new toys she never got to see. We still had so much of our story left to write, and with her being gone, my pages aren't as colorful anymore. I really miss her, I miss her so much, all the time. Some days, most days, my brain doesn't realize she is gone. I never took her food bowl away, I still open my door slowly because my muscle memory remembers her being behind the door. It's like I lost my limb, and some days the phantom pains hurt so bad I feel like collapsing. It hurts, remembering I will live longer without her, than time with her. We only had 15 years together, I wish it was longer.

Darling girl, if only you knew how much I love you. I would have moved mountains for you. Those last photos we have together, before you went to sleep forever, I cherish them. I never realized how much love was in my eyes when I looked at you. The way my hands cradled your face, so gently. Honey I miss you. I wish I could shout at the sky, yell until my lungs bursts, how much I miss you.

I remember when you had finally passed away, and your dad held me while I screamed, I kept saying over and over "It's not fair" and my body crumbled. Because my precious love, it wasn't fair. It was not fair that your kidneys couldn't work anymore, you wanted to drink water and you tried so hard to eat but there was no more time. It was not fair that you didn't have more time. It was not fair that we had to separate, it wasn't fair. I remember wrapping you in your blanket one last time, before kissing you and placing you in your basket to go away with the sweet soul who set you free in the comfort of our home. I remember taking your fresh paw prints, putting them in our oven to cure, and sobbing when I took them out. I remember when she called me, to tell me your ashes were ready, and that same sweet soul brought your urn home, wrapped in your blanket. I remember when she left with you, and texting her, "Please keep her safe." She did, she kept you safe while I couldn't, and then she brought you home to me.

My girl, I wish there were enough words, but there never could be. I love you, my soulmate. I know our soul tie will never sever, but gosh I miss you. I will miss you the rest of my life. I will ache for you the rest of my life. But like the quote says,"I hope this grief stays with me. Because it's all the unexpressed love that I didn't get to tell her."

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It will......and you can still love her, you CAN and will do all those things because she, and her love, is a very part of your being. Love is spiritual, so eternal. She lives on through you, and within you, for the rest of your life. Your grief goes as deep as your love. That little girl means more to you than many humans will, the love she shared with you is THAT special, that deep, that connected with your soul. It will take a long time to forge a new life's order for yourself without her physically being in it, and you will always feel a hole in your existence. But that hole will get smaller in time, the human soul cannot sustain such pain forever. Healing will take place, the bigger the wound the longer it takes. The world goes on, the sun will rise tomorrow, and though your world has stood still for a while, life will gather you up and take you along.
Your little girl will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers. Along with the tears, send her thanks and gratitude for giving you one of life's treasures, a cat's love.......
Be gentle with yourself, she will send you strength if you ask her. There are many out there who have survived grief, not without scars, but it is possible with the help of others who have been there, who understand. Go forward into the future and leave a space in your heart for other loves, they will reside beside hers and help it to bloom in the sunshine of happiness. She would be honored to have you pass on what she so freely gave you. She may even send another love your way, picked by her because she knows how much you have to give. Take care......RIP sweet girl.....

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart actually hurt when I read what you typed, it is clear the special bond that you had with each other and I know it hurts like hell when they pass, I fully understand, and I dread the day that my "soulmate" Sylvester leaves me, I know it is coming down the line but know that I will be a train wreck when it happens so I fully understand.

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, shed that love on the other cats as they need you now and can sense your grief too.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Anne2021

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I cried through your post when I read it this morning. What a wonderful life she must have had with you, like she wouldn't have had with anyone else. I can only imagine how hard it would have been on her if she had lost you first. She would have been confused and lost and grieved and not understood why you were gone. She had you loving her throughout her life all the way through her illness and suffering until she had to go. I am so sorry for your pain.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I think that our cherished pets, cats and dogs, do understand how much we love them and they intuit all the unexpressed love that we think that we did not have the chance to give to them. I am sure that she knew every drop of love that you had for her in her own way.