SOS not sure what to do?

flamingo1981

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my 10 year old has so many problems

first htey said high thyroid went on meds then they said low thyroid decreased meds now thyroid is ok

she keeps getting crystal infections no matter what anti  biotic she is put on! Her  recent blood white cell count is now low and she has mild pancreatitis

I called in today and asked for idexx to do a culture check to find out what bacteria is immune to meds???

Her food his c/d and its not working should she be on s/o? she was on c/d calm and doing well now i put her back to c/d normal

is s/o a better food? Something is not right here and i just dont get it

everyone has cats with issues and they can get a hold of them?

zoneout

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi. Really for best results you have to find a vet you are comfortable working with. You have to work as a team. Try to research your cats issues so you have questions ready for your vet when you see them. Wish you the best.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

my cat is a mess, but so am I
Take a deep breath or two and relax
It's understandable to be completley freaking out over your cat's health. Try to remain calm.

my 10 year old has so many problems

first htey said high thyroid went on meds then they said low thyroid decreased meds now thyroid is ok

she keeps getting crystal infections no matter what anti  biotic she is put on! Her  recent blood white cell count is now low and she has mild pancreatitis

I called in today and asked for idexx to do a culture check to find out what bacteria is immune to meds???

Her food his c/d and its not working should she be on s/o? she was on c/d calm and doing well now i put her back to c/d normal

is s/o a better food? Something is not right here and i just dont get it

everyone has cats with issues and they can get a hold of them?
I have no experience with hyper thyroid so I can't help you with that.

For urinary issues, try reading this for info: http://catinfo.org/?link=urinarytracthealth

Is the C/D dry or canned? Canned food is much better since water is needed to help keep the urinary tract healthy and the urine diluted enough so that crystals and bacteria don't easily form.

If the vet isn't giving you answers or can't treat your cat, you can get a second vet opnion. Your location says Toronto. I know there are a few other members here who live in or around there and may be able to suggest a good vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flamingo1981

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i have tried five vets but now i have a vet that is a friend who i do co op for

I have 2 meds my cat is on baytril and clovamax

clovamax has to be taken with food but my cat won't eat at the moment she is being super picky i need to feed her every 12 hours but she wont do that can i give it to her on a empty stomach or just with the hairball remedy gel? Vet is on vacation now.

I do not even do foster care anymore i totally quit and turned my back to it even though i had 3 extra bedrooms with extra cat posts and liter boxes with a cat friendly dog I just do not wanna risk upsetting my cat so i closed the door to the world for her. She has her own bedroom 2 six food cat posts. Beds, like 5 of her own beds her own chairs 2 litter boxes a dog that loves her, i just dont get why she keeps going downwords.

flamingo1981

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
sorry she is on clavaseptin and baytril

the clavaseptin is to be taken with food but she wont eat with it no matter what i give her at the moment

after one night of baytril i noticed a HUGE response in inprovement

ZENAQUIN is what i was given in the past for her uti infections but it did not work

flamingo1981

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
also giving her meds for 14 days this time and not 7 my vet thinks my cat was just not treated with the right anti biotics for long enough in the first place for her to fully heal?

sambomama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi:

Have you tried Orbax? The side effects aren't too bad.

My girl went through that a few years ago. She's gone to the rainbow bridge now, but Orbax helped her. Is your kitty overweight? My girl was overweight and had so many problems. First arthritis, then Hyper-T, then blood in the urine and dilute urine, then pancreatitis, then in the end, kidney failure. It's best to treat urinary tract infections with antibiotics for at least one month. Clavamox often causes inappetance. Your poor kitty. I hope she feels better soon.

I know how you must be feeling. It's confusing and heartbreaking. Hang in there.