Sores

MoonRockyMistyMuffin

I love cats but I'm not lonely
Young Cat
Purraise
I just got two kittens a week or two ago (they are 14 weeks old). One of them seems to have allergies, but we have medicine. The other one, however, has sore looking things. One is one her right elbow area, and the other is on her back left elbow area. I don't think it is Ringworm. It is like a circular blister/lesion. Does anyone know what it could be?:dunno:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonRockyMistyMuffin

Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_9374.PNG
Here is what one of them looks like.

MoonRockyMistyMuffin

Young Cat
Purraise
Wanted to add that we are treating her with Tresaderm, but it's hard to tell if it's helping or not.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be surprised if calluses would develop in 14-week old kittens... that seems a little young and calluses can take some time to harden. And looking at the photo, it looks like that is really an open or newer sore or wound of some sort. It is hard to tell.

MoonRockyMistyMuffin, could you still have your kittens checked out along with Rocky at the vet? Maybe you could call and ask for a slightly longer appointment (than if it was just for Rocky), and maybe talk the vet into a bit of a price break?

MoonRockyMistyMuffin

Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your advice.:hearthrob: We are taking Misty, Muffin, and Rocky to the vet tomorrow. Moon luckily hasn't had any problems.