• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Aiko
the heck with the photos.. send me the kittens!!!! :-D
this made me laugh so hard

which is probably good at a time like this because HOLLY is in labor and has been pushing for over an hour , just a kittens tail is sticking out
FINALLY! I convinced mum to go to the vet and the vets meeting us at her clinic at 3:45AM Wednesday morning which is in half an hour. WISH US LUCK guys we have had problem litters before but this time I'm crying so hard. I just hope Hollys alright.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Hedi.

We just got back from the vets, one kitten born so far red tabby male. Will keep you posted.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Guys. I'll tell you the whole story.

Holly started yesterday at 12AM she was pushing and pushing but nothing was happening , at 3am all we could see was a tail sticking out. So we rang our vet(who LIVES one hour away) and she said to meet us at her clinic in about an hour , (the clinic is ten minutes from us) so we left our house with lots of blankets, sissors etc etc and by the time we had reached the vets we could see a body but no head. The vet pulled up ran inside and turned everything on, while I was walking in with this massive cat in one hand and supporting the kitten with my other hand the vet quickly pulled it out and said it had been dead for ages and wrapped it up and put it to one side while she gave holly some drugs, half an hour of waiting and holly was pushing but not doing much, Julia(the vet) quickly unwrapped the kitten(which Julia said had been dead for ages!!) because she had heard it meowing and so we rubbed that and we had one kitten alive. Julia said to take Holly home and ring in an hour to update, by this time it was nearly 5am , Julia was staying there incase of us needing help. We got home and I put Holly on the floor and in the kitten in the incubator because Holly didn't want to be anywhere NEAR her box, so that was okay and I rang Nana (who lives near the vet) and she said she was birthing a litter of kittens at the same time. I had to quickly let her go because Holly was doing a few pushes. She kpet pushing and pushing and I was just dialing the vet when I could see another kitten, *pop* out it came and this one was a still born cream male. I left Mum in charge of Holly and had an hours sleep, I woke up and mum said a little blue bicolor male had been born. Holly was quickly rushed to the vets AGAIN because she had no progress, this time we took the two kittens. We left Holly there and we were to ring back in one hour, if Holy hadn't done anything then the vet was going to do a C-Section. Mum & I went to Nanas because its closer than our house and "Effects", Hollys & Sophies sister had deliverd five kittens but still had three placentas to come. One ish later we rang the vets and holly had shown no signs of giving birth so they were going to operate, Nana & I rushed down to the vets and picked up the two kittens so they wouldn't die and brought them home and put them with "Aunty Effects". All during this Mum was sleeping(as she had work later that day) a wee while later the vet rang and said that Holly was fine(and we could pick her up at 3pm, by this time it was 11:30AM) and that holly had 3 more kittens one was dead, but the black bicolor and the blue were alive and that the cause of all Hollys problems was this great big mummified kitten blocking the way, so Nana & I rushed down to the vets to pick up these two, and I went in and got them and the vet told me that the black bicolor was nearly dead and that we would have to work on him but the blue was fine. Nana & I got home and frantically rang health, vets and pharmacy stores to see if they stocked "Carbo Vege" which revives dead things. It was available at a pharmacy and Grandad rushed down and got it for us after a few drops in the black bicolors mouth it started to work, this was real life magic his paw pads started to pinken, he started to *gasp* every now and then and he started to jerk a bit. Nana jokingly said ohh haha I betcha he will start to walk in a few hours and sure enough he did, as Mum & I were leaving to pick up Holly from the vets and take her and her four kittens home we heard this little boys first "cry".. Nana & I were so happy. We got holly home and quickly made a dash to the supermarket to pick up emergency kitten weaning supplies etc etc and Holly was happy to be in her cage with her babies even after her big op. They have been suckling but I'm still supplmenting them. So it has been a hard time for these babies but I'm hoping they will be okay.. Please send us some *live baby* vibes.. Thank you.

Sam.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG Sam , how traumatic . I am so sorry for all of you . My goodness the poor moms and baby's and the human moms and grandma and grandpa .That really is a bad nightmare . I am so glad moms are ok . I sure will pray for the kittens to stay alive

Please keep us updated ..

russian_blue_kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow! That sure is some story! I bet you had a long and scary night. Sending you some good healthy vibes and I hope the rest of the kittens and the mom will be alright. You should probably get A LOT of sleep so that you aren't too tired and can watch the babies grow.

leviugga

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

So there were 6 kittens in all? Good lord ...I finally got on your site and Holly is so beautiful

Move to the UK so I can get one of her babies lol
I wish you the best of luck, they are going to be absolutely gorgeous!

Aubs
XxxX

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by PurrfectCatlove
OMG Sam , how traumatic . I am so sorry for all of you . My goodness the poor moms and baby's and the human moms and grandma and grandpa .That really is a bad nightmare . I am so glad moms are ok . I sure will pray for the kittens to stay alive

Please keep us updated ..
Thank you so much Hedi. The babies are between 35 and 40 hours now and are doing well, Holly hasn't been cleaning them as well as she could so I have been putting butter on their little bottoms so she licks them clean, after a few days she'll get the hang of it.

I have taken the smallest away because he's very sickly and just lying on his back thrashing his arms around, I'm going to stay up with him tonight. I hope he lives.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by russian_blue_kitten
Wow! That sure is some story! I bet you had a long and scary night. Sending you some good healthy vibes and I hope the rest of the kittens and the mom will be alright. You should probably get A LOT of sleep so that you aren't too tired and can watch the babies grow.
Why thank you!

I had a lovely long sleep last night from aboout 6pm to about 9am the next morning..

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Leviugga
I finally got on your site and Holly is so beautiful
Isn't she?
I love my hollymonsta, On her 4th day of life, I said to Nana she was going to be mine and a best in show winner, well of course she was and same with her sisters(both of which we have got, sophie and effects). I bet her kittens will be lovely as well.. I'm a bit biast.. but who cares!

Yeah six kittens in all

Brrrr.... The UK just saying the name makes me feel cold LOL.

Thanks alot... I'll keep you updated on their progress and hopefully by this time next week I'll have pictures.

Hugs Sam.

leviugga

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

LOL @ cold ...u don't know the half of it ..i jus broke off me nipple in my bedroom it is so cold ..

I hafta say Holly is my fav.. U know..I read most of your posts in here and is there anything u do not know how to do for these cats? Sheesh ..I'd of never thought of the butter trick .. and this stuff that brought your kitten back , I have never heard of it either.. Amazin..

I am a lil pissed off .. U know the lady I told u that I used her male to breed bramble to? Well I have given her 3 cats, one was brambles mother..the other was cameo a pure bred exotic and now an exotic male and she had the nerve to ask me for Brambles boy (Leo)
That someone was interested in buying him.

I told her not NO but hell no.. !! I lost my mind .. she knows these are my first kittens too , do you think I should owe her , afterall she did not tell me I had to give her a kitten when I used him and I felt like we were friends... Obviously getting cats from me is the only reason we have a friendship..What do u guys think?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aubs- That's a very nice thing to say.
Thank you! I do know quite alot about cats for a 13 year old I suppose.. LOL! But they are my life and I'll do anything for them!

BUMMER! She can't do that, just waltz in and ask for a kitten. A good idea(and yes sadly we even do this for friends because we have had some bad abd experiences) is to get all this in writing. Like Aubs brough "ra ra ra" off "Sam" and when "ra ra ra" has kittens Aubs is to give "Sam" the pick of the litter and then you both sign it. Written agreements are good! I'll tell you what happened once. Nana had a beautiful litter of kittens and all but two died, she wanted to keep the male because he was gorgeous and she wanted to keep the female because the father had recently died but her friend(who we will call TARA) Tara came in and begged for the kitten, Nana felt bad so she let her have "Helen"(the kitten), Tara said Oh Sue I'll give you the pick of the litter.. yada yada. So when "Helen" had kittens she had three, the pick of the litter(that Tara was going to keep..first bitchy thing done) had died and there were two left, Nana said oh it's alright I don't mind if you keep the best one I'll take second best, seeing as we're friends as all... well Tara thought that was a bad idea and kep t one of them and sold one. As you have probably guessed we aren't friends with this woman(if you could be so kind and call her that??) anymore.

Now to my kittens. Sophies four are all still alive and they are two weeks old now. They are so gorgeous and starting to become like little cats.

Holly has three still alive and they are fine

Thanks for asking.. Have a lovely day you two!

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy that all moms and all kittens are doing fine .

Sooooo ???? Hmmmmm ??? When are we going to see some pics

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by PurrfectCatlove
I am so happy that all moms and all kittens are doing fine .

Sooooo ???? Hmmmmm ??? When are we going to see some pics
Same here Hedi.
Thank you.

Well I should have some this week.. *croses fingers*

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Leviugga
ok .. um .. err

13????

I think I jus fainted lol

I am not even gonna say anything else ...

lol for a first I am speechless
LOL. I guess I can take that as a compliment.
Well my Grandparents have been breeding cats for over 50 years so I can safely say all my knowledge comes from them.

Today I'm very worried about the little black bicolor male(exotic!) in Hollys litter, his health is fine but it looks like his tail has basically stopped growing there is like no tip on the end. Anyone can help me on this?? Please I'm desperate for ideas. At this stage we think it's the amount of Oxytocin Holly had when she was giving birth.. Hmmmm.. However all my babies are fine!
Hopefully I'll get piccies soon!