Sonic's Anniversary - 1 Year Today

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another anniversary thread from me, today is 1 year since I had my darling Sonic put to sleep.
He was the feline love of my life and I am still completely and utterly heartbroken, and shaken by his loss. My world will never be the same again without him.
He developed kidney problems that unfortunately despite regular geriatric blood tests arose at the wrong time and went undetected until he got sick enough for it to be too late to help him. He spent a last few days with me doing palliative care at home after his diagnosis, then after a few days he let me know that he had had enough so I did the last thing I could for him and held him while he slipped away at the vets.
He was 15 years old and had a wonderful life - a planned birth by a lovely breeder of Siams/OSH and a home with us from 13 weeks old, always wanted and loved and warm and well fed, and for the most of it with Jakey (still with us) who came to us and quickly became his best friend when they were both about a year old, so although I miss him terribly that is some comfort.

Here are some photos from throughout his life, to remember him by.

Sonic Boom: 1 Nov 2006 to 8 Jan 2022

Sonic 01.jpg Sonic 03.jpg
Sonic 04.jpg Sonic 05.jpg
Sonic 06.jpg Sonic 06 1.jpg
Sonic 07.jpg Sonic 08.JPG
Sonic 09.jpg Sonic 10.jpg

Last edited:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Sonic crossed the Bridge knowing he was loved. Sending a hug for your heart. :hugs:
1673218640777.jpeg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your love ensures he is at peace. He will continue to send his love for the rest of your life. "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"........

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We cry over them daily, but certain days of the year are worse than others.
Sonic knows you are thinking of him everyday, and he knows he was so very much loved. He won't forget you either.

This photo is fantastic, it captured his beauty perfectly!
Sonic.jpg