Somethings happened at one of London's main tube/train stations...

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

E thats awful

Any news yet?
No our office sent our a corporate-wide email and said thre was no update as of yesterday (Friday). We are sending gifts and a care package to them, too, from our little branch in Seattle.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found out yesterday that someone from London who posts on another forum I belong to lost a friend in the bombings, that is just so sad!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by stormy

I found out yesterday that someone from London who posts on another forum I belong to lost a friend in the bombings, that is just so sad!
Diane your right that is sad

Theres talk about the bombers being from the Midlands because theres several of them in the community that havent been seen for a while?!.

E i hope you all hear something soon. It's the not knowing isn't it

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Twenty people are missing. Forgive me for asking this, but does anyone know why the police are sure that there's nobody alive in the underground cars under Russell Street? I've been wondering if they had somebody in there, are using some sort of high-tech listening devices, sent dogs in, or whatever. I know it's macabre, but I ran into an acquaintance this morning who works in S&R literally all over the world. Her dogs are trained to find people trapped under debris following earthquakes, etc., and one of them actually signals "alive" or "dead". She brought the subject up, but it was something I had questioned yesterday.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just an update from my end - my mother emailed every relative and friend in England and all of them are okay... one of them was on the bus right after the one that had the bomb (I believe) so she was a bit shaken up but other than that, they're all fine.

I still can't get over this whole thing tho - everytime I hear about it on the news, it upsets me.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The centre of Birmingham which is in the Midlands has been evacuated now because of a threat.

Tricia my thoughts are that the ones that are missing were mainly on the bus that was bombed because there was bits of flesh and bone all over the place

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the first I've read this all as I've been on vacation. I am so glad all the UK TCS-ers are all accounted for! This is horrible. I hope you all are doing well now. I am praying and thinking of you all!

Courtney

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry to be bumping this topic, but I just wanted to answer this:

Originally Posted by jcat

Twenty people are missing. Forgive me for asking this, but does anyone know why the police are sure that there's nobody alive in the underground cars under Russell Street? I've been wondering if they had somebody in there, are using some sort of high-tech listening devices, sent dogs in, or whatever. I know it's macabre, but I ran into an acquaintance this morning who works in S&R literally all over the world. Her dogs are trained to find people trapped under debris following earthquakes, etc., and one of them actually signals "alive" or "dead". She brought the subject up, but it was something I had questioned yesterday.
I watched a press conference yesterday and as of this morning they say that 49 ppl are confirmed dead and 20/25 are still missing. Out of the 49 confirmed dead they have still not identified a SINGLE person.

They said that a nearby building was being used as a temp. mortuary and they wanted to bring all the ppl up from Edgware Rd, Aldgate and the bus and then concentrate on the tube tunnel at Russel Sq. The tunnel is deep below London. From memory it's at least 3 escalators down. The tunnel is also damaged, the working conditions are appauling as there is no space or air. Plus it is really hot and dusty down there. Also, rescuers & police do not want to disturb any DNA or evidence. It was noted that the rescuers have worked in earthquakes, tsunami and the Paddington Rail crash among others.

They also said, that they will be asking ppl who have reported missing ppl to perhaps give DNA samples. It really is a difficult subject, but some bodies you can tell it is Mr A but they said that others... well there's not much you can tell

Thats the latest I have heard anyway, which confirms why it is taken so long. It must be terrible for those with someone missing to not know if they are one of the 49 in the mortuary or one of the 20/25 still in the tube.

But London will go on with the World War Celebrations starting right now in Westminster. So many Londoners and War Veterans FLYING THE FLAG!

mommycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone.

I along with DaddyCat are praying for all in London, England. The terrorists are evil wrongdoers
and we are not going to back down from them. We are stronger than them and they will soon find out that they cannot manipulate us and threaten us any longer. All Americans have to be strong and stand tall against these monsters. Nobody is safe right now anywhere. Know that we stand with you guys in fear and the unknown right now. But with prayer and putting your trust in God, it makes you feel even stronger and gives you hope for a new day.

God Bless Everyone

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gilly

I am sorry to be bumping this topic, but I just wanted to answer this:

I watched a press conference yesterday and as of this morning they say that 49 ppl are confirmed dead and 20/25 are still missing. Out of the 49 confirmed dead they have still not identified a SINGLE person.

They said that a nearby building was being used as a temp. mortuary and they wanted to bring all the ppl up from Edgware Rd, Aldgate and the bus and then concentrate on the tube tunnel at Russel Sq. The tunnel is deep below London. From memory it's at least 3 escalators down. The tunnel is also damaged, the working conditions are appauling as there is no space or air. Plus it is really hot and dusty down there. Also, rescuers & police do not want to disturb any DNA or evidence. It was noted that the rescuers have worked in earthquakes, tsunami and the Paddington Rail crash among others.

They also said, that they will be asking ppl who have reported missing ppl to perhaps give DNA samples. It really is a difficult subject, but some bodies you can tell it is Mr A but they said that others... well there's not much you can tell

Thats the latest I have heard anyway, which confirms why it is taken so long. It must be terrible for those with someone missing to not know if they are one of the 49 in the mortuary or one of the 20/25 still in the tube.

But London will go on with the World War Celebrations starting right now in Westminster. So many Londoners and War Veterans FLYING THE FLAG!
That's what I heard on the news today - visual identification isn't possible, and there are major problems because of the heat, rats, and the possibility of collapse. I'm glad that London "thumbed its nose" and went ahead with the 60th anniversary celebrations of the end of WWII. These idiots have to be shown that their attacks are useless.

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

That's what I heard on the news today - visual identification isn't possible, and there are major problems because of the heat, rats, and the possibility of collapse. I'm glad that London "thumbed its nose" and went ahead with the 60th anniversary celebrations of the end of WWII. These idiots have to be shown that their attacks are useless.
Bless them for continuing the celebration. I hope those rats see life going on despite what they did. Imean if they are angry with the powerful, I don't see any of those powerful riding a double decker bus.

lizziesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have the rest of the UKers checked in? Cmon guys we're worried here! I'd like to give a comfort
and friendly comforting
to everyone here no matter where u are...this is a scary time for all of us(I hoped to never see another 9/11 for a long time
)

And to those who caused this mess...look out cuz what goes around comes around

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think were all here present and correct?!.

Put it this way, since thursday i'm even more all eyes and ears when i'm on the train and in the centre of town!.
Here in San francisco California things are different too-I went on the commuter train yesterday and even though it was a weekend they are on tight alert, the bathrooms are closed indefinitely-too easy to leave a package there. The police got on the train and walked around. We are constantly alerted through over head messages, to report suspicious acitivity. I did scan for unattended bags, probably always will now. But it was nice to see a large crowd using the trains and in good spirits.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marge

We are constantly alerted through over head messages, to report suspicious acitivity.
Since your 9/11 Marge there is illuminated signs at our train stations telling people not to leave luggage unattended, but since thursdays bombings every 5 minutes theres an announcement comes over to remind people and to report any unattended baggage.

Too right i will, no matter how small it is!!.

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Since your 9/11 Marge there is illuminated signs at our train stations telling people not to leave luggage unattended, but since thursdays bombings every 5 minutes theres an announcement comes over to remind people and to report any unattended baggage.

Too right i will, no matter how small it is!!.
You know here they only ran a message like every 10minutes to report suspicous activity after 9/11. Now it's very different.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a senseless act of violence. I hope they are able to figure out the culprits and at least stop those terrorists!

My heart goes out to each of you UK TCSers. Please keep your spirits up and stay strong!

And for those who are missing people, please update when you know something! Prayers that it will be good news!