Somethings happened at one of London's main tube/train stations...

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Gilly,

I'm glad to read that your night was okay. Take it easy today and don't work to hard.

BTW I was thinking of another person we haven't heard from in quite a while- Kev.
Anybody here how he is doing at all??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like this topic anymore.

We just had a news flash that 13 ppl were killed on the bus that was bombed, not the original 2 that was first thought.

I just saw the Evening Standard and had to turn away as they have faces of ppl who are missing, presumed dead.

We are still at work, and thankfully v busy this afternoon as all of our bosses are away next week so we are preparing for that. I am taking the tube home too but I must admit as the time is getting nearer to 5.30pm my belly is flipping.

I shall be online this weekend, hopefully trying to get back to normality and posting in other topics!

Onwards on upwards!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've just been logged onto sky news and seen it as well

It also said that theres over 50 dead now

Gilly text me as soon as you get home!. I'll be going out with friends about 7.30.p.m but i always have my mobile.

Speaking of mobiles, make sure yours is charged before leaving!.

Stay strong chick!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gilly im seding you so many

Im sure you will get home safely
But like susan said make sure youre mobile is charged or has enough battery for when you leave

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Gilly text me as soon as you get home!. I'll be going out with friends about 7.30.p.m but i always have my mobile.
Ok, I will - thanks
Have a good drink tonight mate!

I think the shock is settling in now really. It's been a bit of a daze at work. Some ppl don't show their feelings yet others (like Juliet downstairs) said to me that she had a "very heavy heart today"

I went out at lunchtime, and most of the shops are back to business as usual. I went to Habitat to buy some mugs in the sale. The shop was so empty it felt like an early Sunday morning not a Friday lunchtime. On my ciggy break earlier, the pub on the corner near here (The Hope) was empty. There are normaly ppl outside drinking with a pint in their hands getting geared up for the weekend but today is a different story.

I suppose me keeping on posting here is getting stuff out of my system etc. I hope that you don't mind...

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Gilly im seding you so many

Im sure you will get home safely
Thanks doll
And thanks for your earlier message!

There's so many ppl on here who have replied and showed support and if I have not said thankyou, it's cos I can't keep up!

The Cat Site Members -

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thats what were all here for Gilly!

Talking is the best form of therapy as the psychiatrist said on breakfast t.v this morning!.

I only wish you lived a shorter train ride away so i could share a bottle of wine or two with you tonight!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gilly, of course we don't mind! Especially being as close to the situation as you are, I'm sure there is a lot going through your head and heart right now. We're here for you, and for all of the Brits who are sharing these feelings with you!

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

I only wish you lived a shorter train ride away so i could share a bottle of wine or two with you tonight!
Thats a lovely thought...! But I think with how tired I am and how busy we have been at work, all I want to do is get home, shower, eat
, and go to bed with some nice relaxing music on. I will even tape the Big Bro eviction, which is a first for me!

Tomorrow we are visiting my cousin in Maida Vale (West London, 2 hours drive on a good day from where I live). We were going to take the tube as it would only take about 1 hour, but now dad wants to drive us all (mum, dad, sister and I) cos he thinks it's best.

Anyway, I shall check in with you all at the weekend

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gilly

Thats a lovely thought...! But I think with how tired I am and how busy we have been at work, all I want to do is get home, shower, eat
, and go to bed with some nice relaxing music on. I will even tape the Big Bro eviction, which is a first for me!

Tomorrow we are visiting my cousin in Maida Vale (West London, 2 hours drive on a good day from where I live). We were going to take the tube as it would only take about 1 hour, but now dad wants to drive us all (mum, dad, sister and I) cos he thinks it's best.

Anyway, I shall check in with you all at the weekend
I'm so relieved that you made it home last night, and admire your fortitude - if I were in your position, I'm not sure that I'd have braved the trip to work today! Try to relax over the weekend.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have been away from the computer from a few days and now that I am home, the first thing I had to do was check to make sure all of our UK TCS members are safe. All of you were the first thing I thought of when I heard the news. My thoughts and prayers are going out to all of you!!!

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
there was a bob scare today in my local high street and the shops were all evacuated.

I just want all this to be over. my heart goes out to the people with missing loved ones.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a terrible tragedy (again). My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in London.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Eva-loves-cats

I read this post yesterday and I had to stop myself from reading on as I was such a mess. Ever since it happened I haven't been able to not think about it
and reading this thread of some people involved and poor Gilly stuck in the middle of it all....I feel for all of you and wish I knew what to say.Hope above makes sense, am still upset after listening to the news this morning and thinking about it all. Love Eva xxx
Oh, Eva, I am so glad you are physically ok! My mind went totally blank as I began reading this thread, I could not remember who was in the UK! Thank you for checking in!

I can't really watch the TV news about the London bombings, but this thread has brought it right home for me!

Gilly, you are an inspiration! And I hope AbbeyCat checks in soon, and I hope she has good news about her friends and family.

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to tell all of the catsite members in the UK that you are in our prayers. I was saddened and outraged to hear of the bombings. God Bless.