Something I don't understand about ?signatures? statements

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I guess one can add a 'signature' statement to their profile, if that is what it is called, that is automatically appended at the end of any posts they make? They are confusing in that they always seem to be part of the individual post and not some motto/statement that someone wants to add as a generic remark to all their posts. Is there a way to either italicize, bold, or denote them as such, so they are distinct from the response post being made?

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Its not that faint maybe you have dark mode enabled on your device?

I don't have signatures enabled myself but if i rotate my phone sideways they show.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't have signatures enabled myself but if i rotate my phone sideways they show.
Not sure what you mean by dark mode - nor do I understand how you think you don't have signatures enabled but they show when you rotate your phone??.They are there whether or not it requires you to rotate your phone in order to see them. Your 'signature' is on all of the posts I see from you, specifically:

Help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered. ~Bob Barker

RIP Kabuto 2006 ~ 2024

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

What line before signatures? I can see signatures but I don't see a line

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not sure what you mean by dark mode - nor do I understand how you think you don't have signatures enabled but they show when you rotate your phone??.They are there whether or not it requires you to rotate your phone in order to see them. Your 'signature' is on all of the posts I see from you, specifically:

Help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered. ~Bob Barker

RIP Kabuto 2006 ~ 2024

Dark mode (and don't ask me how to make it turn into dark mode) is where you have a dark background and light text - which makes it impossible for me to read text which is why I don't use it

You know normally like on a piece of paper, you normally have a white page with black writing? Its basically the opposite - so like having a black piece of paper with white text on it

Not sure if I'm explaining it very well cause i'm stupid and not techy enough with it

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
tiggerwillow tiggerwillow - I get what dark mode is. I just didn't understand in the context in which ii was referred to. But, I was really more interested in what IndyJones IndyJones said about not having their signature turned on and yet they see it if they rotate their phone.

Nonetheless, the issue was really about how to easily decipher signature statements from the text in a post, which is apparently only separated by a very 'faint' line. And I guess that is the only information/explanation I am going to get regarding my original question.

DeesCats

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I see the very faint line to separate the signature from the post and agree it is very faint on my laptop. Most other forums I am on have a darker line and/or more space between the written comments and the signature. I have the signatures turned off as it is less confusing for me.

It may be due to the forum software TCS is using that makes the placement of the signature where it is that makes it hard to differentiate.

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
before I get the blame for any of this: I didn't break it

not intentionally anyways

i probably broke it just by logging in

idk

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Late to the party here, but I just checked, and I also found that I have signatures enabled. Now the interesting part about that is that I am on the iPhone right now and while they are enabled, I never see them when I’m on the phone.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Late to the party here, but I just checked, and I also found that I have signatures enabled. Now the interesting part about that is that I am on the iPhone right now and while they are enabled, I never see them when I’m on the phone.
Nor does a signature show on your posts - on my computer.

Last edited:

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
That sums up what I was trying to say it seems to not show on my S21 ultra until I rotate my phone. I don't think I have touched the settings page.

Maybe it has to do with how the platform detects wheather a device is a phone in a vertical vs horizontal orientation. Most computers use the horizontal orientation though my monitor can rotate 90° for dual screen orientation. I don't think its a common feature.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't see a signature line on your posts either on my iPad. I can see the faint grey line on all the other posts on the thread.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I don't see your signature on my MacBook Pro, iPad and iPhone and for me, mine is not greyed out and I can't find the function to grey it out.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
fionasmom doesn't have a signature. :wink:

Maybe it has to do with how the platform detects wheather a device is a phone in a vertical vs horizontal orientation.
Yes, the system will automatically compact the screen and remove signatures on a phone when held vertical. It does the same for me.

And I guess that is the only information/explanation I am going to get regarding my original question.
No. I was waiting back for an answer. The line should be darker now.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just in case it matters - particularly to fionasmom fionasmom - both you and IndyJones IndyJones have the same result about not being able to see your signatures on cell phones. But on my computer I can see IndyJones IndyJones ' signature appended to posts, I do not see yours at all. Not directly related to this initial inquiry, but possibly something for you to look into regarding your 'enabled' signature.