Soft Serve Poop

MajorTomCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Apparently I spoke too soon when I posted the other day about having figured out food types for my kitties. I’ve got my scarf and barfer taken care of, but his brother is now having soft serve/cow patty poops. They’re a normal color and not super stinky but literally look like soft serve, right down to the curved over tip on top. (Sorry, tmi) He’s acting fine and isn’t losing weight but the soft poo is a sign of something wrong, yes? He’s currently on Merrick LID chicken and turkey and purrfect bistro rabbit, as well as a little Merrick LID dry. By little I mean two tablespoons when I leave for work in the morning. He’s had the dry since we got him but about a month ago we cut that way back and upped his wet, so I’m thinking the wet is what’s causing the issue. He will only eat pate so I’m going to try Royal Canin soft loaf sensitive for a few days. He doesn’t like Wellness Core (eats very little then walks away) are there any other foods you may suggest to help him?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad your "scarf & barfer" is doing better but sorry to hear about his brother. Although I have not read your post the other day I wanted to offer you these two Articles that discuss feeding tips as well as allergies in cats:
18 Awesome Cat Feeding Tips By Thecatsite Staff Members
11 Key Facts About Food Allergies In Cats

I also though these other Articles on choosing the best dry or wet cat food might be helpful:
How To Choose The Best Dry Cat Food?
Top 5 Brands Of Wet Cat Food Our Members Love The Most

Good luck, please keep us updated on your progress. :goodluck:

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
A vet visit might not be a bad idea. When we tried switching to wet, Trin started some chronic diarrhea. It was a lovely caramel soft serve that sometimes was more like lovely caramel soft serve on a hot day. We switched him back to kibble to let him stabilize and it never got better. Turns out he had IBD and chicken can cause flare ups (we gave him only chicken foods with chicken toppers so he would eat it).

So if the soft serve goes on too long, it’s better to get it checked out. Hopefully his stomach is just transitioning, good luck!

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
How fast did you reduce the dry and increase the wet food? Maybe he needs to go slower. Also, are you mixing old and new wet foods for a week? If this is not what happened, there is probably a medical reason for it.