So much for setting a good example...

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to share my interesting night...
We thought it was funny... but maybe you had to be there

Well you know how parents are supposed to set a good example for their children. Show them the proper way to behave and such…
Well… first let me tell you. I have rarely seen my parents drink growing up. Maybe one drink occasionally, but I was usually in bed. I have never even seen my parents tipsy(not even a little).
My brotherâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s girlfriendâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s mom, Kathy, invited us to go to a Saloon with her in downtown OKC last night. None of us had ever been.
Me, my mom, Kathy, and my dad(the dd) went in and started drinking and watching the jazz band(who, by the way, was awesome!).

We were there from 9pm till 2am. Me and Kathy begged my mom for almost 4 hours to dance and she wouldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t. Well, after her 5th Crown and Coke, she had the Stevie Wonder thing going on with her eyes pressed shut and she was swaying back and forth. Mind you, were were sitting on the top level, right above the band… I was praying to god she didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t fall over the edge. She said she had to go use the restroom, so here and Kathy went downstairs… next thing you know, my mom is dragging Kathy onto the dance floor, where they hooked up with this guy and all three of them started bouncing around and grinding and what-not. I screamed at my dad to look and we were rolling. They left the floor after the song(to go the restroom) and I expected her to come back upstairs, next thing I know she is running back onto the dance floor, and the three of them are dancing again. I was so mad at myself for not bringing my phone, so I could take pictures. But I really wasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t expecting anything like this.
Well, my mom was fine till we got out to the car. As soon as we pulled out of the lot, she rolled the window down and I swear she was halfway out of it. Her arms and head were hanging over the side.
I do remember when we got off the highway on our exit. We pulled up to a stop light and a couple cars pulled up next to us. They were staring so hard at my mom, who was still hanging out the window. Kathy yelled, pay no attention to the woman hanging out of the car. And right about then we pulled out, and right after that, my mom threw up all over the side of the car….AND the peoples car next to us. We hauled a$$ away and they whipped a u-turn back to the carwash.
I helped my mom get inside the house where she laid down on the bathroom floor. She slept there all night.
Well, I find out a few minutes later, this is not the first time this has happened.
Turns out my mom is a party animal.

bigkittendaddy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry Megan but thass too funny as I have been owt drinkin with a couple of my buddys and I am 3 sheets to the wind and headed now for bed.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So Meagan... how did you learn to be like your mom without knowing all that?

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kinda like my mom..who has turned into a groupie of steves OLD band. Stampede....*shakes her head* we were out there one night when Steve was nice enough to fill in because they lost their drummer..she was three sheets to the wind, and when i tried to take her keys from her so she wouldnt drive....she pinch me so hard i had a big bruise
I ended up following her home cause she wouldnt let me drive her

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In other words a good night was had by all, your mum especially!

Wonder what her heads like when she wakes up?, just give her some toast and coffee and a bottle of water to rehydrate herself and she'll be fine

Not that i know mind!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Oh my gosh! That is too funny! If my mom ever did that...wow....I don't know if I'd be embarassed or amuzed! Oh my gosh!
I was embarrassed at first, then i realized, everyone down there is drunk and bouncing all over the place, so it isnt like she stood out!

Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

So Meagan... how did you learn to be like your mom without knowing all that?
Why in the world would you think i, innocent, little ol' me, am like that?

Originally Posted by yayi

I'm curious, mom remember any of it?
We honestly didnt think she would, and we had this whole freaky story made up about what "really happened" that we were gunna tell her the next day... but she remember everything

Originally Posted by rosiemac

In other words a good night was had by all, your mum especially!

Wonder what her heads like when she wakes up?, just give her some toast and coffee and a bottle of water to rehydrate herself and she'll be fine

Not that i know mind!
a very good time! i actually forgot i was out with my parents! i swear i think they are two of the coolest "old people" on the planet!

and she was actually up at 730am making breakfast and chugging coffee... she complained all day about her head hurting though

bigkittendaddy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is pretty funny that we never really think of our parents as real people who had fun and were kids and youngsters cause we never saw them at that time in their lifes but only when they were being "Parents"

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Oi!, what do you class as old!!

And thats the best way to be i say because you think old you will be old!
i just joke with them about being old... they are actually quite young... my mom is 40 and my dad is 42

but it was quite funny... there were people there that had to be in their 60's and 70's and they could really get down!!
i was jealous!

bigkittendaddy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i just joke with them about being old... they are actually quite young... my mom is 40 and my dad is 42

Jeezus Megan U must think I'm Ancient then...lol I'm 50.

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BigKittenDaddy

Jeezus Megan U must think I'm Ancient then...lol I'm 50.
no way!!! 50 is still young and kickin!!!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's pretty funny. Actually, there is this guy that hangs out at the club my wife and I go to all the time. He has to be in his mid 60's and is almost always the first one on the dance floor. Now, you may ask yourself what type of music he dances to as well. The club my wife and I go to is called The Chamber. It is a Goth/Industrial music club. (yeah, you have seen those type. The ones who dress in all black and wear the spiked collars and stuff. Yep, that's us
) Since my wife and I are both in our early 40's, you may wonder why we are there as well
Well, I have been dancing since I was 17 and I still love to dance. My wife and I do not listen to most "popular" or "hit" music. We listen to the underground, 80's alternative, gothic, industrial, techno, EBM, as well and other great non commercial/corporate stuff. Let me tell you, once we get up on the floor, I don't sit down until the last song is over, usually 3+ hours straight. We used to go to this club called U4ia and it was open to 4am, but it has been closed now for a couple years. I am happy to see your parents had a great time. I wonder if they would enjoy The Chamber with us