So Incredibly Stubborn!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Reaction score
Not too bad. Same as before but managing. Looking into getting her a cart and pulling harness.
Take it one day at a time, fingers crossed your patience and determination will pay off. :crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Graceful-Lily

*Alien*
Top Cat
Reaction score
I hope so. All this makes me wish I had got her when she was 8 weeks old because then I could have been implementing healthy habits and good behaviour from the start. But the breeder admitted that she had lots of dogs to take care of and couldn't train each individual pup.

So, she was basically doing whatever she wanted for 4 months before I brought her home.

Graceful-Lily

*Alien*
Top Cat
Reaction score
Is it possible for a pet to make someone with a compromised immune system sick?

Prior to getting my dog, I haven't been sick in years. And when I did get sick, the illness went away very quickly. Ever since I got her, like within the week, I got a cold. Then again shortly after... and then again... and again. And now for the 5th time in the span of only 5 months I am sick yet again.

She is a very dirty dog and I try to keep everything clean and disinfected but I can't keep up with her. She eats her poop and has now developed a habit of holding it so that she can eat it in her crate. Then, when he let her out, she'll only poop a little and eat it immediately. Even when I go outside with her on leash, she fights me to eat her poop. She's messed up the entire backyard with it and sometimes I can't clean everything. So, often times, she ends up stepping in it and tracking poop through the house on her paws. I've had to whip things down with bleach and wash my clothing more often than normal. I also wash my hands religiously but I'm still getting sick. Whenever she licks my hands, I always break out in hives. And whenever she scratches me, my skin swells up.

Should I be worried about this?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
You can't get a cold without being exposed to the virus, so I wouldn't think you could get a cold from a dirty dog. If you got a stomach bug, I could see that, but not a respiratory illness. Unless you're allergic to dogs and that makes you more susceptible to colds. Kind of odd. Do you have regular contact with any kids who are in daycare or elementary school? Kids are germy little critters :D. And school started about 5 months ago.

Yeah, there are products you can use to discourage poop eating, but also it's occasionally caused by incomplete digestion, so sometimes trying another food can help.

Graceful-Lily

*Alien*
Top Cat
Reaction score
We've tried a lot of different types of foods but being a bulldog, her digestive system is very sensitive.

I am actually quite allergic to dogs. Much more than cats. However, it depends on the individual dog. Some, I have very severe reactions to and others, very mild. I always have an allergic reaction around dogs. My illnesses usually start in my sinuses - they are not respiratory.

I never come into contact with any children.