So here I am...again

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
This morning is the first that I can remember in a while that I've been at the computer with my coffee in the morning. I just got home from the hospital last night. Poor Rick has been going back and forth from home to the hospital, taking care of the girls, all that good stuff.

That last bout of chemo sent me into kidney failure and I was admitted to the hospital with fluids last week. They finally figured out that I was good enough to be discharged yesterday, although the kidneys are not back to normal or even whatever passes for normal. (I think they discharged me to shut me up, to be honest.) Now I can add the kidney guy to my list of doctors that I see. It can take three months for the kidneys to come back, but they think I'll be OK. It just takes a while. I am not diabetic, so that's a plus. They think that, in time, my kidneys will be OK. Drink, drink, and when I can't drink anymore, drink more.

Last week, I was walking around the house like a zombie. I was exhausted, couldn't do anything. I'd go from the bed to the couch and back to bed. Rick was scared. I wasn't making any sense. We tried to call the oncologist to see if I could get extra fluids, but couldn't get an earlier appt. And til my regular appt last week, well, I was a mess.

Chemo is a bitch. It just is. I still have three rounds left to do, but can't do them until my kidneys are better. And I still have that bladder cancer hanging over my head, too. I won't go into a lot of detail with the whole thing, but I'm doing the best I can.

And you have no idea how good it feels to be sitting at my computer with my mug of coffee!

P.S. Many, many thanks to artiemom artiemom for doing the Question of the Day on Saturday for me! :hugs:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
And you have no idea how good it feels to be sitting at my computer with my mug of coffee!
Pam, I'm so sorry to hear about your difficult past week and especially the nasty side effects of chemo. My heart goes out to you. :hugs:
So glad you are home and not only sitting at your computer but with a warm mug of coffee. ☕ Thinking of you, sending special thoughts with lots and lots of hugs.:grouphug:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Winchester Winchester , i had no idea! I am going through a rough time now too, but nothing like you. It makes mine seem petty now. I haven't really been on this site except to psot on Crossing the Bridge, it brings me comfrot somehow.
I am so gald you are home, I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Don't underestimate the power of prayer for healing! Please let her kidneys get well again, get through her Chemo, and go on with life! It is so challenging sometimes, and what seems so hard right now will seem like a dream in the later years. Please know you have a lot of friends here and we will all be thiiking, and praying, for you!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Pam- I'm just glad you're home-I know its rough,it can really get to you but it's going to get better,I just know in my heart it will

You've got so many people who are sending prayers up carried by Armies of Heavenly Angels Straight to the Great Physician!May you have Strength,Peace that surpasses all understanding and Complete Healing with Full Recovery and 100percent Restoration( better than before)

Hang in there baby & God Bless Rick,prayers for him too❤
1704898098135.gif

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear that it's been so rough, Winchester Winchester . It sounds really hard :(

I'm glad that you are in your own house, had your coffee this morning, and came to share your thoughts and feelings on this board. They may seem small but every one of these acts I'm sure brought a bit of comfort and familiarity to you and that's something!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've missed you! I'm so glad you're back home with your coffee and cats, and I'm praying your kidneys get back to a good spot soon so you can finish kicking cancer's butt.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hospital can be draining but you're home now with Rick, your cats and good coffee. So sorry your having kidney issues along with having to deal with chemo. Looks after yourself and take pleasure from the small things we generally take for granted. Thinking of you and sending healing vibes.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
me either i just requested 2 cups :lol: with my breakfast last year around this time when i had to go to er
They had a little coffee station in the mother baby ward, so I would leave M (and J too, but things were a bit more locked down in Dec 2020) with my husband and go help myself just for the change of scenery.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Winchester Winchester
1704936790045.png

I'm not sure if this helps you feel better, but I knew a nephrologist and he told me once that acute kidney failure caused by situations like yours usually resolves itself, and there are no further complications or problems with the kidneys.
You don't deserve all of this. I'm just very happy you're back at home. ❤