So here I am...again

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The oncologist has stopped the chemo...at least for now. My kidneys can't take it. I have an appt with the urologist about scheduling surgery to remove the bladder, but again, the kidneys need time to heal before surgery. I had IV/fluids today and will continue to have the fluids. And drink, drink, and drink!

Thank you to all of you for being there! :hugs:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I hope your kidneys are able to heal so that you can have the necessary surgery. :crossfingers: Chemo is a double edge sword, both figuratively and realistically because it can have good and bad consequences. Once again, I'm sorry you are going through this but please know we care about you very much and are here whenever you need us.:hugs:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning is the first that I can remember in a while that I've been at the computer with my coffee in the morning. I just got home from the hospital last night. Poor Rick has been going back and forth from home to the hospital, taking care of the girls, all that good stuff.

That last bout of chemo sent me into kidney failure and I was admitted to the hospital with fluids last week. They finally figured out that I was good enough to be discharged yesterday, although the kidneys are not back to normal or even whatever passes for normal. (I think they discharged me to shut me up, to be honest.) Now I can add the kidney guy to my list of doctors that I see. It can take three months for the kidneys to come back, but they think I'll be OK. It just takes a while. I am not diabetic, so that's a plus. They think that, in time, my kidneys will be OK. Drink, drink, and when I can't drink anymore, drink more.

Last week, I was walking around the house like a zombie. I was exhausted, couldn't do anything. I'd go from the bed to the couch and back to bed. Rick was scared. I wasn't making any sense. We tried to call the oncologist to see if I could get extra fluids, but couldn't get an earlier appt. And til my regular appt last week, well, I was a mess.

Chemo is a bitch. It just is. I still have three rounds left to do, but can't do them until my kidneys are better. And I still have that bladder cancer hanging over my head, too. I won't go into a lot of detail with the whole thing, but I'm doing the best I can.

And you have no idea how good it feels to be sitting at my computer with my mug of coffee!

P.S. Many, many thanks to @artiemom for doing the Question of the Day on Saturday for me! :hugs:
Welcome back Winchester Winchester ! My dad just had his kidney surgery today and is much better already.