So happy to have found this site

coffeecat2420

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there!

I was referred to this site from a Reddit post. It's wonderful!

I officially became a cat mom in December after Octavia's owner decided to relinquish her care  - she had been with me five months under a private foster agreement. I didn't know this guy, but his girlfriend requested help on his behalf on a Facebook page. He wanted her to be in a home while he looked for another living arrangement for himself. Anyway, he ultimately decided he was not up to being a pet parent at this time. I could not let her go ... 

Octavia (5-year-old short hair tabby) has some allergies (environmental and possibly food-related), and we are recently on the long road to trying our best to get her figured out and comfortable. I love her so much! She gets bossier all the time, but I feel lucky to be her mom.

Before Octavia came into my life, I had been doing some fostering with some local rescue groups in my new community (I moved to a new state less than two years ago). Now my focus is on Octavia and figuring out what she needs. If we can get her allergies under control, I'll consider getting her a companion.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and welcome. This site has so much information on it. Octavia is lovely, she looks like a big girl especially in the first photo.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coffeecat2420

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, Verna!

Yes, she is - ha ha! She came to me that way - at 13 pounds. I'd like to work on slimming her down, but the steroids will be working against us.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello CoffeeCat2420 and Octavia, welcome to TCS :wavey:

Thank you for adopting Octavia and giving her a warm and loving home.

She's a lovely girl. Do browse around and do read the many interesting and important articles and check out the informative forum threads.

Also do post more of her photos ;)

marypetlover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aww what a cutie! I've thought about fostering as well is it hard to let go of the animals? I'm sure it would be, but you can't keep them all...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coffeecat2420

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks, Marypetlover. Yes, it can be hard to let go, but it's also very rewarding.