Snoring Is It Something I Should Be Concerned About?

Opi-the-furry-conductor

The viking and the princess
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well simple way to say it is Opi has started snoring for the past week. I don't really think that's a big deal but I want to make sure. I do know a good chunk about cats but there is still so much I don't know. I know the most important thing is never over look little things and think oh it's fine. Just because it's fine for a human doesn't necessarily mean it's okay for a kitty. I've had cats snore before and they were healthy but I'm a bit over protective of Opi lol. I want him to be healthy and live long so I want to make sure this is just simple snoring. So forgive me if I'm being a worry kitty mommy lol. Anyway it's chilly here now today it is still morning and the temperature is 63 degrees F and 17 degrees C. It hasn't even begone to be winter cold. My husband has told me. I've made opi a nice warm sweater and a warm place to sleep cause he is cold now. He's like me very sensitive to the cold lol. Anything lower than 73 degrees F and you see me bundling up like I'm ready for a blizzard almost XD. Opi is still just a baby though so of course he's sensitive to the cold. I hear him snoring now ever since it got chilly. It's rather a bit loud sounds so cute. He doesn't have any problems breathing or shows any signs of a cold or anything like that. It's only the snoring so should should I be a bit concerned or am I just a bit of worry wart lol?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well simple way to say it is Opi has started snoring for the past week. I don't really think that's a big deal but I want to make sure. I do know a good chunk about cats but there is still so much I don't know. I know the most important thing is never over look little things and think oh it's fine. Just because it's fine for a human doesn't necessarily mean it's okay for a kitty. I've had cats snore before and they were healthy but I'm a bit over protective of Opi lol. I want him to be healthy and live long so I want to make sure this is just simple snoring. So forgive me if I'm being a worry kitty mommy lol. Anyway it's chilly here now today it is still morning and the temperature is 63 degrees F and 17 degrees C. It hasn't even begone to be winter cold. My husband has told me. I've made opi a nice warm sweater and a warm place to sleep cause he is cold now. He's like me very sensitive to the cold lol. Anything lower than 73 degrees F and you see me bundling up like I'm ready for a blizzard almost XD. Opi is still just a baby though so of course he's sensitive to the cold. I hear him snoring now ever since it got chilly. It's rather a bit loud sounds so cute. He doesn't have any problems breathing or shows any signs of a cold or anything like that. It's only the snoring so should should I be a bit concerned or am I just a bit of worry wart lol?
A lot of cats snore, though they are perfectly healthy, just like people. I wouldn't be worried unless there are any problems breathing, which you say there aren't. *Hi, Opi-the-furry-conductor Opi-the-furry-conductor !*:wave3:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...and if I might add, cat snoring is so much more cute and charming than human snoring...right? :cloud9:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Opi-the-furry-conductor

Adult Cat
Purraise
It is so much cuter then human snoring lol. I've been watching him more closely these days cause I hear him sneeze a couple of times every now and then. It's not uncontrollable sneezing just like one out of the blue. Just a couple of days ago he sneezed like 3 times within maybe 2 mins. His eyes seem to have some discharge to. I think he might of had as runny nose this afternoon. It's gone now though. I think it's safe to say I should keep a very close eye and ear on him. He might be catching a kitty cold, hopefully no just winter allergies God willing.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is so much cuter then human snoring lol. I've been watching him more closely these days cause I hear him sneeze a couple of times every now and then. It's not uncontrollable sneezing just like one out of the blue. Just a couple of days ago he sneezed like 3 times within maybe 2 mins. His eyes seem to have some discharge to. I think he might of had as runny nose this afternoon. It's gone now though. I think it's safe to say I should keep a very close eye and ear on him. He might be catching a kitty cold, hopefully no just winter allergies God willing.
Do the vets over there have Kitten Paks? They're a comprehensive pack of the basic kitten innoculations. Good luck and shukran for keeping tabs on him! ;)

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My boy snores too, but he doesn't do anything quietly and has snored since he was a kitten.

Since you mention the sneezing and snoring it might be the beginning of a kitty cold. If it gets worse it may be time for a quick vet visit to prevent it from developing into a full blown infection.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Opi-the-furry-conductor

Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know about kitten packs. Honestly I doubt it. Good animal medical care is hard to find here. I can ask the vet though they might have that no harm in asking. Opi is fine now by the way. Still snores every once in a blue moon but no runny nose or a bunch of sneezing. He's as hyper and healthy as ever. He's 5 months now and is shedding his kitten fluff and growing in his adult coat. As his kitty mama I couldn't be prouder <3