Anyone Else Have A Cat That Snores?

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I caught my kitten snoring for the first time last night. At first I thought it was my partner in the bed next to me.. then I look down and my kitten is snuggled in my chest fast asleep and snoring. :flail:

I'm not worried about it as he doesn't do it all the time and I think it was the position that he was in, but just curious about how many other cats have occasional snores?

happilyretired

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had a cat who occasionally snored. Initially, I thought he might be ill, but he checked out fine, and my vet said that some cats will snore. He did it frequently, but not always.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my cat snores lightly. I have to strain to hear it. It is just part of who he is .. & I love him :) ... (Your kitten may have a cold that may go away along with the snoring.)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Over the years I have had several snorers. These were mostly senior cats, so I assume it was age related.

Stray Cathouse Madame

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dora snores, too. Don't know how early on it started since the first couple of years she would rarely sleep inside, but we've known this for at least a few years now and she's around 7 years old now. She even has a few different snores, it's really cute.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fluffy snores when her allergies act up. If it’s really bad I give her L-lysine. It seems to help.

cat&mousemama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I caught my kitten snoring for the first time last night. At first I thought it was my partner in the bed next to me.. then I look down and my kitten is snuggled in my chest fast asleep and snoring. :flail:

I'm not worried about it as he doesn't do it all the time and I think it was the position that he was in, but just curious about how many other cats have occasional snores?

cat&mousemama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
LOL! My cat has snored for years! Not a medical problem any more than it is for people. No particular position either - just my sweet boy snoring away. :-)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my cat snores lightly. I have to strain to hear it. It is just part of who he is .. & I love him :) ... (Your kitten may have a cold that may go away along with the snoring.)
I thought he might have a cold, but he doesn't have any other symptoms and it was a one time thing so I'm pretty sure it was just the position that he was in.