Sneeze With No Other Symptom

weemomma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here I go again.

Hariette started sneezing a few days ago with no other symptoms. I thought it was a fluke at first, but she's kept doing it. We've had a terrible time with high winds, erratic temperatures, and super dry weather. I know I've been suffering from allergies the entire time really bad.

She isn't running any fever. Her eyes are bright and clear with no discharge. She doesn't sound congested. Her nose is wet and cold to the touch. Color is a healthy pink. She is eating and drinking normally. She is pooping and peeing normally. She has been playing and running around just fine. She might be snoring a little more and a little louder than she typically does as well, but it could also be my imagination. She is also not running a fever of any kind. She is also up to date on all shots and vaccines since her illness in August.

She woke me up just now from a dead sleep with the sneezes. Is it something I should take her to the vet for right now or should I wait and see if the winter weather might be to blame? The sneezing is, of course, unusual for her.

kate187

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Could there be something new that is irritating her? New fabric washer, dusty litter, perfume, scented candles, sprays etc?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weemomma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
NEW perfume is in the house and I just realized that the new litter is a scented litter. That might be triggering it.

I guess I need to know when the sniffles turns into something more serious when I need to take her to a vet.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm not a vet, but I think I'd eliminate both the perfume and the litter as soon as possible, and see if the sneezing stops. If not, then take her in :)