Smudgy ...

islander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of my new trio . Black and white and with an irritating little ...smudge... of black on his lower lip that makes you itch to wipe off..

He was very slow to accept me. I always just wait Now? He gets ahead of me if I am outside, comes in front and near, then lies on his back with his legs half in the air right in my path.. I step over him and he runs ahead again and lies at my feet again... and so it goes on! Takes an age to get anywhere!

In the house last night he lay down and rolled over in the kitchen door. Refuse to move and I gently pushed him along with my foot! He let me.

Total devoted submission and he rolls as soon as he sees me!

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Love his barrel rolls! How delightful and satisfying to have him bond with you. Also slow! So slow!

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cats are wonderful creatures aren't they:) . Sound's like his made himself at home!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

islander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He is just trying to get you to play with him. Carry a laser pointer with you and get him playing as you walk around.
No idea what that is!

islander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
???

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

islander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ah I see!He is crazy enough without that. All he wants is his tummy rubbed and when I am out getting turf in with a bucket in one hand and a walker in the other! Or heading for the kitchen with my hands full... Just so full of love this ex street stray! I think he has finally also stopped marking at the door, usually on my wellies

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah cats LOVE them and they are cheap so you could easily try one. It would help clear your path when he lays down and blocks you trying to get attention. Plus it keeps cats active, fit, and tires them out.

lucifur

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i get a little nervous with laser pointers... i'm not 100% convinced that they have the ability to blind someone (or a cat) if -- hopefully by a complete accident -- they are aimed directly into the eye. dunno if this would work for anyone else, but i use an engineer-grade penlight (no laser, but super bright with adjustable light size) and my guy, Linky, goes nuts for it. As an experiment I added a piece of transparent red film over the light (trying to make it as close to the laser as possible), but -- to be honest -- i can't really discern any difference. he still loves it, but more? eh.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well you know, don't shine it right in the cats eyes and you'll be fine. They don't usually look where the light is coming from and if they do you can just turn it away. It would be hard to aim it directly at a moving target anyway unless you're really trying.

islander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i get a little nervous with laser pointers... i'm not 100% convinced that they have the ability to blind someone (or a cat) if -- hopefully by a complete accident -- they are aimed directly into the eye. dunno if this would work for anyone else, but i use an engineer-grade penlight (no laser, but super bright with adjustable light size) and my guy, Linky, goes nuts for it. As an experiment I added a piece of transparent red film over the light (trying to make it as close to the laser as possible), but -- to be honest -- i can't really discern any difference. he still loves it, but more? eh.
agree with this worry and no need for it. my lot run and race around the field...

islander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yesterday we graduated from the sideways roll to a full 4 legs in the air total submission and adoration! LOVE ME! RUB MY BELLY! So I did,, He has the softest white belly.... Has taken 3 months to arrive at this and I am deeply honoured and moved...