Smudge is at Peace

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Extra cyber hugs to you as you grieve the loss of Smudge. I think sometimes we get so focused on helping them through the illness that we forget how much we simply miss them when they are gone.

I hope you are able to get the cross stitch pattern of Smudge. He was such a handsome boy! Give Elsa and extra kiss for me tonight, ok?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

Extra cyber hugs to you as you grieve the loss of Smudge. I think sometimes we get so focused on helping them through the illness that we forget how much we simply miss them when they are gone.

I hope you are able to get the cross stitch pattern of Smudge. He was such a handsome boy! Give Elsa and extra kiss for me tonight, ok?
I think that's what it is - I was looking at photos last night, and it made me miss him. I'll sure give Elsa a big smack. She's just so precious.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

One last update - something nice - we got a card from the vet's office that was signed by all the workers, and some even wrote special things about Smudge. Also - we had him creamated separately, and received a beautiful oaken urn today that has a place for a photo.

I feel so bad. I just keep thinking of the day I took him to get him fixed and he was fine, and that was the last time he was happy.
I thought I would get over this crying thing...
It takes time

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
what a beautiful card to recieve.

to you, it sure will take time, but the grieving process will get easier as you begin to remember all the happy times and we are always here for you

One last update - something nice - we got a card from the vet's office that was signed by all the workers, and some even wrote special things about Smudge. Also - we had him creamated separately, and received a beautiful oaken urn today that has a place for a photo.

I feel so bad. I just keep thinking of the day I took him to get him fixed and he was fine, and that was the last time he was happy.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

You will, but it takes time
Some things will set of a crying jag from time to time. I started crying the other day about Molly. You will cry less and less and onen day you will realize that you haven't cried about him in quite a while. The good memories will overtake the painful ones.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kim,
I haven't been able to get on here lately... it's been so busy. But, I've though about Smudge a lot. I read through this whole thread, and I understand how you feel because he got sick so fast. But just know that you did the right thing. He's in Heaven with the angels and Jesus now.

I said a prayer for little Smudge, and asked my baby Belle to play with him and keep him company.

Cassie

robo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I feel your pain and send my hugs as well. I lost my Leo kitty of 12 years recently and there are good days followed by sad days. This is the best place for prayers and support.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I personally don't think we ever get over the loss...we just learn to live with it. Sometime we can even smile at the memories of our beloved kitties who have gone before us. My prayer is that we will all be reunited again...healthy & strong.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dear little Smudge, enjoy that sunny patch over the bridge. Bat at the pretty flowers. We are sad that you had to cross so soon, but we are happy that you are a playful healthy kitten again.

Kim, I am so sorry for your loss of sweet Smudge. I know the pain can be intense. I believe you were Smudge's Meowmie for a reason. I believe God knew you'd take care of him and love him till it was time to send him on. Sometimes being used for love is the most painful thing. But to be worthy of being used to love is a great gift. Just remember the happy good times. Sometimes these loves only grace our lives for a few moments, but I believe we are better because of them too.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Dear little Smudge, enjoy that sunny patch over the bridge. Bat at the pretty flowers. We are sad that you had to cross so soon, but we are happy that you are a playful healthy kitten again.

Kim, I am so sorry for your loss of sweet Smudge. I know the pain can be intense. I believe you were Smudge's Meowmie for a reason. I believe God knew you'd take care of him and love him till it was time to send him on. Sometimes being used for love is the most painful thing. But to be worthy of being used to love is a great gift. Just remember the happy good times. Sometimes these loves only grace our lives for a few moments, but I believe we are better because of them too.
Wow! That's exactly how I feel, but you put it better.
God gives us what we can handle, and Smudge was given his beautiful eyes so we would keep him because we were the ones that could handle helping him over the bridge.

iarecrystal

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. Julian has FIP also and was put to sleep not too long ago. I miss hm so much and I haven't cried that much as I have been distracting myself from thinking to much because of my father's recent death and Julian's. I can't even make a thread here because I know I don't know how to put all that I am going through into words.

R.I.P Smudge and Julian. They are playing together right now

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm so sorry about Julian. He was a sweet boy and loved very much. He's playing with Smudgie and all the RB kitties.