Small update from me

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,
Just thought I had better update with how my breeding/showing/judging is going.

I have decided to keep a kitten from my first litter of 2010. The rest all found loving, pet homes. She was born on November 20 2010, and her name is Captivating Dream Big. She's a Blue Cream Tabby Bicolour Persian girl. She's the one from the girl I spayed late last year (Fluffy) so she will be very useful to me. I am going to show her also - and her first show in on April the 2nd.

Here are some photos of "Demon":

I am traditionally not a fan of cats having second litters in a breeding season but since Flutterby lost a few of her kittens the first time round (21st November) I decided to mate her again. She was my mated to my young homegrown stud, Mushroom, and she is pregnant to him. The kittens will be due mid April.

Mushroom is also father to another litter - they are 5 days old today. He mated this girl when he was only just 12 months old. So I am very proud at how forward he is for his age!

Here's a recent photo of Mushroom to show you how he is developing:

I will be also going to show Mushroom this year. I have 6 or 7 judging assignments this year also and my first one is in 2 weeks. In June I will be eligible for Senior status

I guess my next update will be on my next litter of kittens!

Thanks for reading
Sam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Martice. I enjoy seeing my breeding programme take a step forward.

This is the grandmother (Flutterby) of both Demon & Mushroom and I think you will agree with me that the type has improved in my cats, LOL

My Nana hates the fact I share that photo with people. It was taken of Flutterby just 2 weeks ago, but for me it is important because I can physically see that I'm moving forward! Unfortunately Mushroom & Demon will not be able to be mated together, they are too closely related

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Love the colors on that Demon!

I look forward to hearing about the show next month.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sam they are gorgeous!!! i always used to find that breed of cat strange to look at but you have some of the most gorgeous cats ive ever seen and i just love Demon and Mushroom, and such kool names to

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes you can see you are breeding closer to the standard. If I was willing to do all the combing, I'd be stealing that bluecream girl! But she's safe (1) don't like to comb every day and (2) Ling hates other females.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay, you kept my favorite kitteh.
She's grown a lot and looks very beautiful. I love that 'paw gesture' Mushroom's doing in his pic.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Purrfectly pretty girl!! And congratz on your show judging. I really enjoying going to the cat shows when they come around to Chicago. I just love seeing all of the different breeds of cats, and they are all soooooo clean and fluffy

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

Sam they are gorgeous!!! i always used to find that breed of cat strange to look at but you have some of the most gorgeous cats ive ever seen and i just love Demon and Mushroom, and such kool names to

And the next update will have to be how Demon showed! Sounds like that's happening before the kitties are due!

And I'm confused - are there two Flutterby's? It looks like the grandmother kitty is named Flutterby (unless I misunderstood) - but I know there's a younger one (she was just mated with Mushroom, right?)!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by motoko9

Love the colors on that Demon!

I look forward to hearing about the show next month.
It looks like it's just going to be a small show unfortunately. It's our fundraising show and we have cut entry prices by half but we still only have 6 entries for our show and entries close in 9 days!
Hopefully she will have lots of competition though. Thank you!

Originally Posted by -_aj_-

Thanks Ash! Yeah they do take some getting used to. All our flatmates say they find them really weird but then when they see normal cats when they leave the house they are the weird ones. Thank you!

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Yes you can see you are breeding closer to the standard. If I was willing to do all the combing, I'd be stealing that bluecream girl! But she's safe (1) don't like to comb every day and (2) Ling hates other females.
I keep hinting to my Mum & Nana that I want to sell her and they just say "NO" - but I have one more than my limit at the moment. It's hard to decide what to do.

Originally Posted by NorthernGlow

Yay, you kept my favorite kitteh.
She's grown a lot and looks very beautiful. I love that 'paw gesture' Mushroom's doing in his pic.
Thank you!
She suits her name - but she can be sweet at times!

Originally Posted by My4LLMA

They are beautiful
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Feralvr

Purrfectly pretty girl!! And congratz on your show judging. I really enjoying going to the cat shows when they come around to Chicago. I just love seeing all of the different breeds of cats, and they are all soooooo clean and fluffy
Yeah cat shows are definitely awesome. I don't know any other way of life!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by LDG

And the next update will have to be how Demon showed! Sounds like that's happening before the kitties are due!

And I'm confused - are there two Flutterby's? It looks like the grandmother kitty is named Flutterby (unless I misunderstood) - but I know there's a younger one (she was just mated with Mushroom, right?)!
Oh yeah I forgot there will be show updates!!! Brie & Mushroom are going to the show too. Well that's if Brie gets better by then, she has an ear infection. My poor baby.

Just one Flutterby - she is the Grandma and yup she's just been mated with Mushroom. Pretty much like a dream mating for me. She's only ever been mated to out crosses (absolute no relation) so it will be good to see what she produces after a line breeding

Thanks!

I forgot to mention some bad news too - our National show for 2011 has been cancelled, along with 4 other shows. Because they were to be held in Christchurch where the earthquake was. It's disappointing because it's our biggest show of the year.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Big fan of mushroom here! Hope your breeding plans continue to go smoothly. Love the pics.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you hun! I love Mushie too!

An update as promised;

WELL we have had our first two shows.

I took Demon to a show in the South Island with me and there were only 9 kittens there and 2 rings (well there were 3 but I was judging the 3rd) and she placed 6th and 9th out of 9. Slightly disappointing but if I was judging her I would have placed her 6th so I wasn't too disappointed.

Our second show was a lot better. My girl Demon and Mushroom got judged 4 times each.

There were 15 Longhair Entire Cats and 3 of those were exotics.

Mushroom ended up with - 3 x BOB and a 3rd BOB. Also a R/UP BIS, a 4th BIS, 6th BIS & a 7th BIS

Demon was in a class of 5 Persians and 18 Longhair Entire kittens and got 2 BOB, a R/UP BOB, a 3rd BOB. A Best in Show and a Breeders Award of Merit, a 4th BIS, 5th BIS and a NOTHING. When I asked the 4th judge why she didn't place her she said "Oh I thought I had"

SO our next show is on the 16th -- and there are smaller classes there too. 9 Entire Cats and 11 Entire kittens.

I'm also on kitten watch over the next 72 hours waiting for Flutterby & Mushroom's babies.

Here are some photos from the show:

http://www.kcnews.co.nz/page.php?Pets

The kitten on the front of the slide show is one that my Nana bred, Demon's brother. Demon is pictured with a judge at 0.49seconds and I'm pictured with Demon, a Turkish Angora Kitten and another judge at 1.04 seconds. That picture is really cool because it's of the oldest and the youngest judges in NZ

I'll share some photos from the show of my babies too!

Thanks for reading!!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Nice going and I'm proud of you. You are doing well. Lovely cats/kittens
Thank you Martice!

I've been breeding for 15.5 years now but my Mum pulled out of the prefix in 2007 and that's when I started coming ahead. My Mum didn't believe in any line breeding, only out cross breeding so I think my kittens have improved greatly. I'm still waiting on babies from my grandmother/grandson mating. I'm so excited.