Small air filter for cat fur

sparkymema

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Trying to see if anyone has had any experience with the cheaper small room air filters for getting rid of cat fur in the air that sticks to everything, not so much dander. I'm asking because I'm in my at home office for 6- 8 hours a day and I have some fairly expensive computers in there. I notice my keyboard and everything else always gets fur all over it after a few days after cleaning. I let 2 of my cats hang out in my office while I work on stuff and it does seem to get a bit hairy at times. So I'm trying to figure out if those cheap single room air filters help at all with cat fur. My one male cat seems to shed the most.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I don't think that a small air filter will do the job unless it is equipt with a powerful industry exhaust fan to draw the air out of the room. Probably all your documents will be sucke out too, lol, not to mention the size and noise of it.
Do you have your fan on all the time while you work? It's probably the fan that is kicking up the fur. Maybe you can get a small hand held vacuum cleaner for your table? Or get those stick vacuum cleaner with detachable hand held vacuum cleaner. This one you can vacuum the floor and also your table.