Six (semi?) Ferals To Be Fixed...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen mama and all four babies since last night. No one came to breakfast except dad cat, who only comes every 3-4 days anyway. Coyote season is beginning. I'm hoping for the best, especially since mama and the one female kitten just got spayed Monday. Good vibes appreciated.

EmersonandEvie

Top Cat
Purraise
No mama and kittens again, just dad cat. SO very strange that they would all go AWOL at once.

EmersonandEvie

Top Cat
Purraise
MAMA AND TWO KITTENS (including the fixed female) SHOWED UP TODAY! I am so, so thankful that they are alive. But they are scared silly...something major happened and I don't know what. All three that showed up let me pet them (pre-Thursday) and they all ran away, even the girl kitten who is normally the bravest and most affectionate. I was eventually able to kind of touch her head but it wasn't like she was before Thursday night.

They aren't staying on the porch. They ate a little and then went back to...wherever they are staying. I think something spooked them (coyote? Bobcat? Another human?) so now I have to rebuild all that trust that I had worked so hard on...

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, that's great! I'm glad they are OK. It's a nightmare trying to take care of free roaming cats, isn't it? My stress levels are much better since I managed to get all the semi-ferals I care for into an enclosure. I know it's not always possible, but is there any way you could keep them contained in your yard?

Maybe some ideas on here that would help?

Coyotes, pets and community cats

Sending you come-home vibes for the rest of the kittens.

:vibes::vibes::vibes:

EmersonandEvie

Top Cat
Purraise
We have another kitten! Little orange one showed up around noon. The only one we haven't seen is the other tortoise shell kitten. Everyone has names:

Mom: Mama cat (female spayed)
Dad: Inky
Kitten: Mittens/Streak (female spayed)
Kitten: Melon (male)
Kitten: Handsome (male)
Kitten: Tiny (female, unspayed)

So we have seen everyone except for Tiny. She would be the last one I would expect to see anyway, she is the shiest and most timid of everyone. I hope nothing happened to her and that is why everyone else is so skittish.

Norachan Norachan there really isn't a way to make an enclosement, unfortunately. They typically hung around the porch/under the house but they have a new hiding place down the ravine somewhere.