Six month old kitten has diarrhea after taking antibiotics

gen97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay so like three months back my kitten started having really bad diarrhea I assumed it was the antibiotics she was taking at the time because of an abscess she had removed. I took her back to the vet and they told us to stop the antibiotics. I did but the diarrhea didn't stop so I assumed it was her food. It's been months and I keep buying different brands of food but she still has diarrhea. Sometimes when I switch a brand she goes okay but then it goes back to diarrhea. She eats, drink, and plays like normal it's just the constant diarrhea that's been worrying me. Could the antibiotics effect her after all this time? I am planning on taking her to the vet it's just I'm out of a job till next month I'm sure she'll be fine till then I just can't help but worry. Has anyone ever had a problem similar to this?

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you tried giving her probiotics? Sounds like the antibiotics have killed off all her intestinal flora. Usually anything humans take is good (cats have a different digestive system and can handle much more bacteria than you). Saccharomyces boulardii  is said to have good results with resolving any diarrhea.

(Personally, my cats have resolved antibiotic-related diarrhea super fast by eating mice. You can get them frozen at pet stores that cater to reptiles. Chances are your kitten doesn't recognize one as food, but you can grind it and mix into her wet food)