Site issues reporting thread - August 7 2023

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Something quirky happened yesterday that we need to fill you in on. Here's the scoop:
  • Whoops Moment: Our admin clicked the update button a little too soon, which caused some glitches in the Matrix... err, our forum.
  • Back to Basics: We had to go back to an older version using a backup. But unfortunately, we lost a few hours' worth of data.
  • What's Missing: New member accounts, threads, posts, and PM's from those hours. Sadly, they're lost, and we can't get them back.
  • Still Some Glitches: If you find any new issues, you can help us by reporting them here. But please follow these steps:
    • 1. Focus on New Stuff: Only report new issues, ignore anything related to the lost data and anything that's already been reported.
    • 2. Details, Details!: When reporting, please be super specific. Add steps to reproduce the issue, links, or screenshots if you can.
We know it's a bummer, but we'll get everything purring smoothly again with your help. Thanks a gazillion for your support, understanding, and patience! 😺

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something quirky happened yesterday that we need to fill you in on. Here's the scoop:
  • Whoops Moment: Our admin clicked the update button a little too soon, which caused some glitches in the Matrix... err, our forum.
  • Back to Basics: We had to go back to an older version using a backup. But unfortunately, we lost a few hours' worth of data.
  • What's Missing: New member accounts, threads, posts, and PM's from those hours. Sadly, they're lost, and we can't get them back.
  • Still Some Glitches: If you find any new issues, you can help us by reporting them here. But please follow these steps:
    • 1. Focus on New Stuff: Only report new issues, ignore anything related to the lost data and anything that's already been reported.
    • 2. Details, Details!: When reporting, please be super specific. Add steps to reproduce the issue, links, or screenshots if you can.
We know it's a bummer, but we'll get everything purring smoothly again with your help. Thanks a gazillion for your support, understanding, and patience! 😺
Thanks, Anne, for the info. Not reporting anything, but yesterday afternoon I was seeing double on members' avatars/info right below them, in several instances. Wondered what was going on but there are so many glitches and problems in cyberspace that I didn't think to bring it up. Anyway, hope all is well and hope everything gets back to running smoothly soon if not already.:)

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I think that many of us panic initially when something seems off with our devices. However, this had nothing to do with any members and I probably speak for all of us when I say that we are all happy to be back.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that many of us panic initially when something seems off with our devices. However, this had nothing to do with any members and I probably speak for all of us when I say that we are all happy to be back.
SO TRUE.
My roomie's phone doesn't work. She gets texts but not phone calls. They took it somewhere to get fixed and apparently it can't be fixed. She gets notified of incoming calls on her Apple watch, though.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I assumed I had done something wrong and panicked :paperbag:

i'm used to getting the blame when things go wrong
We may all be. But in this time of FUBAR and SNAFU (look those up if you're not familiar with these military terms) and tech follies, anything can, does and will go wrong at any time, and the origin may, or may not, ever be pinpointed. So to all of us, everywhere, chillax. You're not alone. In fact, if you don't ever have problems, you WOULD be alone. 😑

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The one thing I did notice was that the cross-screen scrolling pics about TCS articles is quite large compared to what I remember from before. Any reason why they are so large?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am not receiving any email notifications. All the 'boxes' are checked, and this appears to have started after the 'glitch' was fixed. It's not a big deal because I can check the Alerts when I sign in every day but thought I would mention it.