Since I Retired

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I read Spark Joy by Marie Kondo. It really spoke to me. She puts an oriental philosophy spin on purging. I would love to see her show but I don't have Netflix. Maybe I can go to friend's and binge watch.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Some the organization things I did since retirement.
Built special shelves in the kitchen cabinet for my measuring cups so I can just reach and grab what I need without having to dig around.
Built drawer dividers for spatulas and mixing spoons for same reason.
Built a two level spice rack for inside a cabinet to fit my size spice containers. And yes, the spices are alphabetical.
Took a class on knife maintenance and use and now they are sharp and ready to use.
Turned a rarely used closet off the kitchen into a pantry with shelves and racks for stuff I buy in bulk like soda, water and paper towels.

This is the kind of stuff I used to daydream about while at work. So glad that “someday” came.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thart's a great idea for those of us who are trying to get rid of all our stuff!
I just put out 5 large boxes for the VVA to pick up! (Mostly books, a dress, some baskets, etc.) :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may hold off taking my stuff to donate for a bit - some of it is very heavy (sons weight bench) so I may join in the neighborhood tag sale in the spring and try to unload things that way.

islander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have retired many times from different occupations. And moved house many times.