Sinbad loves sticks

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Pencils, pens, crochet hooks, my hair pins, chopsticks, dowel rods ... he goes after anything about the thickness of a pencil with complete determination and utter zeal.

Does anyone know of a safe toy that I could give him that would mimic that? Whether it's a commercial cat toy or something else repurposed doesn't matter, I would just like something that isn't in danger of breaking/giving him splinters/etc that he can chew and play with. 

forest phoenix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@Mani Those look awesome!

My suggestion would be aluminum knitting needles. They come in pretty colors too, and the larger gauges aren't really sharp. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@Mani   Oh those look amazing! I shall have to try them. THanks! 

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@Mani

Picked up a pack and OMG Sinbad LOVES  them!!!! Tempest too! I opened the pack, and not only was Sinbad at full attention before I'd even pulled it out of the bag, but Tempest came rushing out of her room as well!  They are both currently racing around madly, chasing the little things.  Sinbad has figured out how to make it sproing several feet into the air and he was chasing me around pelting it at me for a while. 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
That was quick, and that's brilliant!

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bought them from Amazon. We live in a central shipping hub and are prime, so sometimes get orders the next day if the timing is right. Also bought these, and they are just as beloved: