TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
here is my other one who is worst and seems to affect her breathing

Kresta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That’s exactly the same as my Zoeys nose and vet had no idea , so weird !

Nannyg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That’s exactly the same as my Zoeys nose and vet had no idea , so weird !
Same here. Went to vet yesterday and has no idea. Gave me antibiotic but don’t feel
Comfortable with not knowing. So bizarre.

Kresta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We went on Saturday to the vet and he didn’t give us anything for it , we have a new kitten and his opinion was stress . Zoeys bottom jaw also trembles and she has had some drool as well . Vet checked temp and heart beat and all was ok . She is eating and drinking and using the litter box as well . He said to keep an eye on her if she gets worse or we see blood in urine or stools to bring her back in

Kresta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
here is my other one who is worst and seems to affect her breathing
Zoey sometimes breathes like she is brining up a fur ball but nothing comes out she has also lost her meow because she is hissing , have you changed their litter or anything like that ? Our kitten so far has nothing .

Nannyg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Zoey sometimes breathes like she is brining up a fur ball but nothing comes out she has also lost her meow because she is hissing , have you changed their litter or anything like that ? Our kitten so far has nothing .
No change in litter but new kittens in the house. Could be stress related? The two it’s happening to are seniors.

Kresta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Zoey is 5 and has been alone for all those years , so maybe it is stress like he said . She seems a bit more relaxed around the kitten today and it doesn’t look quite as red , * fingers crossed *

Nannyg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Less than a week or so ago, I noticed one of my cats had a scab on her nose. I didn't think much of it, as she is consistently getting into things and I assumed she'd scratched herself. I've been keeping an eye on it and it seemed to be healing I thought. Tonight I noticed one of my other cats with a nearly identical mark on his nose, and my 3rd cat has sores on his lower lips where his upper fangs/canines come in contact with his lower lips. Not sure if the 3rd cat is related but definitely concerned because it's all happening at once. They all seem fine, are eating and drinking normally. The cat with sores on his lip is uncomfortable and was very upset when I was looking at his mouth but is fine now sleeping on my feet. Obviously a vet visit is being scheduled tomorrow but since they are acting normally I'm reluctant to go to the emergency vet. I was hoping someone might recognize these marks on my cats noses and assuage some of my paranoia, I'm reading things that say it's likely cancer or a severe fungal issue so not sure how worried I need to be or how quickly I need to rush them to the vet. I have photos of the noses (they were not thrilled with me so forgive me holding their faces) but couldn't get the mouth sore cat to hold still for a picture and didn't want to force it. Any advice or information is greatly appreciated! Thank you so much in advance.

Hi can you tell me if this got cleared up and what the vet said? I have the same issues with my 2 senior cats. I believe it’s stress because of new kitten. Vet has no idea and they are just getting worst. Any insight would help

Nannyg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
About same. Not a whole lot of appetite. Opened a can of tuna and they ate some of that. How is Zoey?

Kresta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well a lot better actually , still eating and drinking but then she never lost her appetite , she is also more active and now playing with the kitten ! Her nose varies , one day it looks great the next it seems to flare up again , vet called yesterday to see how she was but I wasn’t home so I am undecided on making another appointment , if it wasn’t for her nose you wouldn’t know anything was wrong . However I think I now need flea meds as I found one on me ! but it was drowsy not jumping but they gave us one treatment for zoey after the vet so it might have come from her ... so more $$$ on flea meds for them both! I tell you I have spent more money on pet stuff since getting this kitten than the whole 5 years we have had zoey !

Kresta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well a lot better actually , still eating and drinking but then she never lost her appetite , she is also more active and now playing with the kitten ! Her nose varies , one day it looks great the next it seems to flare up again , vet called yesterday to see how she was but I wasn’t home so I am undecided on making another appointment , if it wasn’t for her nose you wouldn’t know anything was wrong . However I think I now need flea meds as I found one on me ! but it was drowsy not jumping but they gave us one treatment for zoey after the vet so it might have come from her ... so more $$$ on flea meds for them both! I tell you I have spent more money on pet stuff since getting this kitten than the whole 5 years we have had zoey !
About same. Not a whole lot of appetite. Opened a can of tuna and they ate some of that. How is Zoey?

Kresta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you tried dabbing their noses with a salt water solution ? I had been doing that and the vet said to continue it