Sight problems?

basilk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have recently taken in a two year old kitty. She has the most beautiful light blue eyes- like ice! However, in getting to know her and spending a lot of time trying to bond with her I have noticed that she seems to not like lights. She sleeps under the bed all day long, not because she is scared or has no where to go.. When I turn my bedroom light on she is always squinting. I feed her treats from my hand and she sniffs my whole hand and socks around until she finds the treat. She also has very, very sensitive hearing and fidgets when she hears things a lot. This is my first cat, I do not know if this is normal or not. Thanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

basilk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I meant licks** not socks

catanalyst

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your cat may have some kind of vision problem, but the only way to know for sure is to bring her in for a vet visit.

My cat also squints in the morning when I open the blinds but only for a few seconds. She's also not great at finding food on my hand. I frequently offer her a treat in the center of my palm, but she's always trying to find it on my fingertips. That being said, I've never seen her squinting when I turn on a light or have to sleep under the bed because it's too bright.