Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:alright::vibes:

Healing vibes for your baby. I know I have already said it but I am so sorry for everything you and little Tally are going through. I wish I had something more to say to help you out but all I have is love and support.

Keep us updated on how Tally is doing.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry this is happening to your baby kitty. I hope she pulls through.

I have heard of people giving their dehydrated cats low sodium meat broth. (Or maybe diluted down meat only baby food?) Can you call your vet and asks for tips to keep her hydrated besides those uncomfortable but necessary saline injections? If you can keep her hydrated and warm, she has a much better chance of pulling through. For what it is worth can you do a decent fake purrr? Kittens find their moms by purrrr location and cats purrrr to comfort themselves. If I had a sick kitten she would be on my chest and I would be purring for her to help keep her spirits up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ameezers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tally passed away at 10:15 last night.

I am absolutely heart broken. I know she didn't really have a chance, but I had hoped that with our love and care she would pull through...

But it wasn't enough.

We will bury her in our back yard and plant a beautiful garden in her memory.

ameezers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all you kind words and support guys it's really meant a lot

ameezers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I contacted the lady we got her from. She said she was shocked and offered to give us a portion of the money back. She said that "she knows Tally was healthy when she left her, but she is sure that we took good care of her and did everything that we could".

I contacted her vet, apparently there have been 3 other people that have kittens from the same litter that have called in concerned that their kittens are loosing weight not eating ect. The vet said that all kittens were perfectly healthy when they were there, and "there might have been another underlying cause, that would have been proven with blood work but they don't do that on kittens unless there are symptoms"

So heart breaking...

I hope for every one else's sake that their kittens get better and they don't have to go through this....

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It really is sounding more like something genetic. I am so sorry for your loss, there was likely nothing you could have done.

I am appalled at that breeder and the vet she took them to. Vaccines at that low of a weight and saying they were healthy when at least 4 of the kittens have gone downhill quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.