Sick cat

Martiene71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is sick at the moment been vomiting on and off since Sunday and won't eat was due in for saying today got told to still take her bit operation didn't go ahead due to her having a fever came home with a tapeworm tablet to sprinkle on her food but with no luck told by vets if no better by Thursday today is Tuesday to ring back has anyone else experienced this and if so what was the problem and was it serious? Just don't really know how to help her we love her so much and it's breaking our hearts to see her poorly 💔

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can you give us any more details about what is going on? Did the vet do any tests - blood work, urinalysis, etc? Did they give her any fluids to help restore hydration with all of the vomiting she has done? Any meds for vomiting, or anything else? Why was the tapeworm tablet given? Is she drinking on her own?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Martiene71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Was told he was covering all options by giving the tapeworm tablet, no bloods or tests was done at all she was due for neutering but had a temp so didn't proceed, started off she had a hairball occurrence Friday and Saturday night from Sunday morning she ate as normal about 8qm come lunch time wouldn't touch a thing same yesterday same today up until about 30 mins ago when she's had some water and a few biscuits I'm not sure if it's a tummy upset or something worse so I'm gonna ring up again in the morning for another appointment I'd she's not much different but on the upper hand she hasn't vomited since this morning which is a great sign

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The fever is the confusing part - as I don't see that being connected to an upset stomach from hairballs or necessarily anything else that might cause her to be vomiting. Try making some cooked chicken for her and see if she will eat it and continue to encourage her to drink water. I am guessing you are not located anywhere to be able to buy baby food meat (no additives/spices) as that can sometimes help with an upset stomach and even jump-start eating again. If she is prone to hairballs, you can always add a couple of drops of olive oil to her food, or a dab of butter/margarine from your finger or on her paw for her to lick off. Either can help to lubricate the digestive system to help pass hairballs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Martiene71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I can easily get hold of baby food there's a shop at end of road what sells it and I am going to try that