Siberian or Norwegian?

MyCatBossesMeAround

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my furbaby Mancoon. He’s between 2-3 years old. He was abandoned by his human mom so I jumped in and adopted him. He loves watching and chattering at the birds, attacking his nemesis which is a string, and playing in the snow. He a bit different than most cats he doesn’t mind baths. He will drink from the fawcet. He loves watching me do dishes. Also I swore I was allergic to cats and when I was a kid I would pet a cat and accidentally touch my eye and it would swell up. I was highly allergic so I never could get a cat or stay at friends houses who had cats. So when I started pondering on getting a cat I thought I would just deal with it maybe take allergy medication. I got Mancoon and I freaked bc I realized he was a long haired cat. I have never had so much as a sniffle or anything from touching him. I’m not sure if I’m not allergic anymore or he is just produces less Fel-d 1. Anyways he’s a red, tabby, tuxedo. Here is some pictures of him. If anyone could let me know what breed they think he could be I would greatly appreciate it. Some of the pictures are not the best but I wanted to show his body shape and different angles. So apologies for any bad lighting.

Attachments

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Red solid domestic with white, domestic longhair. No particular breed or mix of breeds.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say just a domestic long hair. Some cats can affect allergies less and it's possible that you are no longer allergic to cats or allergic to long hairs. Given that he's an indoor/outdoor cat that might be affecting your allergies less as he's not always in the house.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is my furbaby Mancoon. He’s between 2-3 years old. He was abandoned by his human mom so I jumped in and adopted him. He loves watching and chattering at the birds, attacking his nemesis which is a string, and playing in the snow. He a bit different than most cats he doesn’t mind baths. He will drink from the fawcet. He loves watching me do dishes. Also I swore I was allergic to cats and when I was a kid I would pet a cat and accidentally touch my eye and it would swell up. I was highly allergic so I never could get a cat or stay at friends houses who had cats. So when I started pondering on getting a cat I thought I would just deal with it maybe take allergy medication. I got Mancoon and I freaked bc I realized he was a long haired cat. I have never had so much as a sniffle or anything from touching him. I’m not sure if I’m not allergic anymore or he is just produces less Fel-d 1. Anyways he’s a red, tabby, tuxedo. Here is some pictures of him. If anyone could let me know what breed they think he could be I would greatly appreciate it. Some of the pictures are not the best but I wanted to show his body shape and different angles. So apologies for any bad lighting.
He is a total sweetheart and cuddle bug obviuolsy from these pics, what a beauty 😻 Was he abandoned outside? Thanks for saving him❤
I would say dlh red tabby tux and look alike is Siberian/ forest cat. Can I steal him 😹 I love cats who cuddle under the covers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MyCatBossesMeAround

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is a total sweetheart and cuddle bug obviuolsy from these pics, what a beauty 😻 Was he abandoned outside? Thanks for saving him❤
I would say dlh red tabby tux and look alike is Siberian/ forest cat. Can I steal him 😹 I love cats who cuddle under the covers.
Yes he is a snugglebug, I know he’s probably mixed and would generally be labeled DLH but I’m pretty sure he has some forest cat ancestry. I’m leaning towards Siberian. Due to his round eyes, round face, love of water and snow, sturdier body, and the contour of his face. What had happened was I worked with this girl who had a roommate living with her and the girl had mancoon.The roommate had some drug problems and up and left mancoon to go into a year long treatment program. I was told my my ex coworker that the roommate neglected mancoon and didn’t even care to rehome him or at least as a family member to take him in until she finishes her program.My former co worker needed to get rid of Macon bc her cat was picking on Mancoon and she has 3 dogs already plus a cat. I decided to take him in and he’s the most spoiled and loved cat. I dropped about 1,600 just on toys,food, wall shelf’s, scratchers, cat condos, beds and treats for him. He was never neutered and I found out later after I took him to get fixed that he’s 2-3 years old so that shows me that the roommate never thought it necessary to get mancoon fixed even tho he is a partially outdoor cat. Which pissed me off. It’s negligent on her part. That’s why there is so many feral cats out there with no homes 😤 anyways I’d say he’s 80% indoor and 20% an outdoor cat.Unfortunately I love my baby too much to ever get rid of him but I truly appreciate the lovely comments. Your too kind.🙂

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes he is a snugglebug, I know he’s probably mixed and would generally be labeled DLH but I’m pretty sure he has some forest cat ancestry. I’m leaning towards Siberian. Due to his round eyes, round face, love of water and snow, sturdier body, and the contour of his face. What had happened was I worked with this girl who had a roommate living with her and the girl had mancoon.The roommate had some drug problems and up and left mancoon to go into a year long treatment program. I was told my my ex coworker that the roommate neglected mancoon and didn’t even care to rehome him or at least as a family member to take him in until she finishes her program.My former co worker needed to get rid of Macon bc her cat was picking on Mancoon and she has 3 dogs already plus a cat. I decided to take him in and he’s the most spoiled and loved cat. I dropped about 1,600 just on toys,food, wall shelf’s, scratchers, cat condos, beds and treats for him. He was never neutered and I found out later after I took him to get fixed that he’s 2-3 years old so that shows me that the roommate never thought it necessary to get mancoon fixed even tho he is a partially outdoor cat. Which pissed me off. It’s negligent on her part. That’s why there is so many feral cats out there with no homes 😤 anyways I’d say he’s 80% indoor and 20% an outdoor cat.Unfortunately I love my baby too much to ever get rid of him but I truly appreciate the lovely comments. Your too kind.🙂
Aww it’s so wonderful that you guys found each other ❤