Siamese? Ragdoll?

pancakes-

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I recently adopted the kitten pictured below. He was ten weeks old in these photos. His litter was found in an abandoned building so I don't know anything about his little family. The colouring in his face has darkened a tiny bit and spread out a little further across his face. His feet and tail have stayed the same. His fur is super fluffy and as he's growing it's getting a bit longer, slowly though. His legs are a little on the shorter side.

I would love to know your opinions on what breed or breeds he may have in him :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pancakes-

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here are some newer pictures of him - as you can see he is a little cuddle bug! This is him at three months old next to our five month old kitten

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow, how a nice cat(s)!    I undersand you cant know much about the moms background, but do you happen to know how she and the littermates did look?  Were they all points too, or just some  of them was point, or just he was a point?   If they ALL were points, he may even be a real purebred, where the freshly mated mom got astray, or something such - rare, but I have heard of such.

If just he was a point, nobody else in the litter nor mom, none of the parents were himself a point, but both were carriers fo the point gene - this is quite common...

I think I would compare him to a balinese, ie a semilonghaired  siamese.  Balineses  tend to not be as extreme longmuzzled as modern siameses are supposed to be.

His dark places looks black, so it would give, he is a seal point.     And yes, he will darken up more and more with time, although he will never get a look alike of your blackie.
Hi, I recently adopted the kitten pictured below. He was ten weeks old in these photos. His litter was found in an abandoned building so I don't know anything about his little family. The colouring in his face has darkened a tiny bit and spread out a little further across his face. His feet and tail have stayed the same. His fur is super fluffy and as he's growing it's getting a bit longer, slowly though. His legs are a little on the shorter side.

I would love to know your opinions on what breed or breeds he may have in him

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pancakes-

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you :)

When I was at the vet clinic one of the veterinarian assistants showed me photos of his litter mates as she was on shift the day they were found. They were all seal points, she even adopted his brother! She said they are just like mine, very calm and sweet!

As for his dark places, the photos make his face look black although he's still pretty light in the face but I am expecting him to continue to darken.

mollyblue

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Two disclaimers... one, I am not an xpert... two, I am not sure my ragdoll is full ragdoll

Your cat looks a lot like my chocolate point ragdoll.  She is really fluffy too.  Tati's is vocal like a siamese, but her voice is softer and she flops over on our feet when she wants to be petted.  What ever your kitty is, she is gorgeous!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you

When I was at the vet clinic one of the veterinarian assistants showed me photos of his litter mates as she was on shift the day they were found. They were all seal points, she even adopted his brother! She said they are just like mine, very calm and sweet!

As for his dark places, the photos make his face look black although he's still pretty light in the face but I am expecting him to continue to darken.
Aha, did the vet assistant saw the mom?  was she point too?

Of course two random points meeting each other is more prob than a good quality pure bred queen gets astray while at mating or at the vet afterwards - but but but...