Show

MsKatieB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope this is okay. My cat club (New England Meow Outfit - NEMO) is having a show in Sturbridge, Ma on August 26-27 at the Host Hotel. If anyone lives close enough to visit, please come - I would love to meet some of you in person. I will have Camie there, possibly Jack - if I can get his coat back into show condition! If you have a cat you would like to show, please enter. We have a household pet class too! If you need help getting started, please contact me - I am more than happy to help.
Hi, I am learning about showing cats. I have a 6 month old Ragdoll, but I am unsure how to bathe and groom him for a show. Can you offer a good method? Thank you!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MsKatieB MsKatieB - Welcome to the TCS Breeders' Forum - posiepurrs posiepurrs has touched on the subject in several threads here on TCS, including this one:

Why do some Persian cats have extremely long fur?

but I don't believe that she's ever really done a thorough description of the process which takes cats from the living room into the show rings. Hopefully she'll lend an hand on this thread!

MsKatieB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, I am learning about showing cats. I have a 6 month old Ragdoll, but I am unsure how to bathe and groom him for a show. Can you offer a good method? Thank you!
Depending on the breed, grooming routines are different. I am reachng out to a couple of Ragdoll breeders I know for the answers to your questions. Since there is a major time zone difference between us ( they are in Israel) it may take a day or two.
MsKatieB MsKatieB - Welcome to the TCS Breeders' Forum - posiepurrs posiepurrs has touched on the subject in several threads here on TCS, including this one:

Why do some Persian cats have extremely long fur?

but I don't believe that she's ever really done a thorough description of the process which takes cats from the living room into the show rings. Hopefully she'll lend an hand on this thread!
I have referenced the article I wrote about show grooming a golden Persian on my website. If anyone is interested, I could write an article about it for here, if allowed.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depending on the breed, grooming routines are different. I am reachng out to a couple of Ragdoll breeders I know for the answers to your questions. Since there is a major time zone difference between us ( they are in Israel) it may take a day or two.

I have referenced the article I wrote about show grooming a golden Persian on my website. If anyone is interested, I could write an article about it for here, if allowed.
posiepurrs posiepurrs - I'd certainly be interested, and I can think of at least a dozen others who read this forum, including @Anne - right off the top of my head - who'd love to have you write an article on grooming for TCS, if you don't mind sharing secrets!

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have countdown to the show now. Entries close today at noon so I have to decide if Mimi is joining us or not. Jack will not be able to attend since the vet accidentally clipped his whiskers off on one side while trying to see the abscess. Jack startled at the sound of the clippers and now he has very short whiskers on one side! His chin is healed so if that had not happened he would be going.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have countdown to the show now. Entries close today at noon so I have to decide if Mimi is joining us or not. Jack will not be able to attend since the vet accidentally clipped his whiskers off on one side while trying to see the abscess. Jack startled at the sound of the clippers and now he has very short whiskers on one side! His chin is healed so if that had not happened he would be going.
That is seriously bad luck, I am very sorry to hear about it. I am looking forward hearing how the show goes for you anyway, so please keep updating this thread.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
posiepurrs posiepurrs - I'd certainly be interested, and I can think of at least a dozen others who read this forum, including @Anne - right off the top of my head - who'd love to have you write an article on grooming for TCS, if you don't mind sharing secrets!
I am having a serious senior moment - I can't find the spot on the website to write the article. I did one on Jack but that was a long time ago so I don't remember how I did it.

That is seriously bad luck, I am very sorry to hear about it. I am looking forward hearing how the show goes for you anyway, so please keep updating this thread.
I found out after I had entered Mimi in the show that I could have shown Jack after all. Out former regional director told me that it could be done and the #1 golden breeder in the nation also confirmed it. Our clubs president, who is also a CFA all breed judge, told me that she would ask that the show not be closed until I entered him. I declined for 2 reasons. 1. Showing is a beauty contest so he would have a strike against him. and 2. I really can't afford 3 entries. This is NOT a cheap hobby! If I had not already entered Mimi, I might have taken the chance.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am having a serious senior moment - I can't find the spot on the website to write the article. I did one on Jack but that was a long time ago so I don't remember how I did it.

I found out after I had entered Mimi in the show that I could have shown Jack after all. Out former regional director told me that it could be done and the #1 golden breeder in the nation also confirmed it. Our clubs president, who is also a CFA all breed judge, told me that she would ask that the show not be closed until I entered him. I declined for 2 reasons. 1. Showing is a beauty contest so he would have a strike against him. and 2. I really can't afford 3 entries. This is NOT a cheap hobby! If I had not already entered Mimi, I might have taken the chance.
Sorry to hear about that, I totally understand the decission you made. I wish you three best of lucks and I am sending you good vibes:vibes::vibes:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A Google search turned up only a single discussion regarding writing articles, here, at Post #6:

Articles needed

and the link is dead. I can't find the submission guidelines, nor a guide on contributing articles. Perhaps they didn't migrate over to the new platform? @Anne - am I missing something obvious?

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Show is over. Camie made 3 finals and Mimi actually made 1. I am too exhausted to download photos or check the rosettes for actual placements. I will do that tomorrow hopefully. Besides showing 2 cats I worked the gate, the Youth Feline Éducation table, and was the candid photographer for the show.