Show

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope this is okay. My cat club (New England Meow Outfit - NEMO) is having a show in Sturbridge, Ma on August 26-27 at the Host Hotel. If anyone lives close enough to visit, please come - I would love to meet some of you in person. I will have Camie there, possibly Jack - if I can get his coat back into show condition! If you have a cat you would like to show, please enter. We have a household pet class too! If you need help getting started, please contact me - I am more than happy to help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had been planning on taking Jack back out to this show too, but he injured his chin somehow and it has abscessed. When I found it almost 4 weeks ago I thought it would be healed by now, but it hasn't so back to the vet on Tuesday. I suppose I may take Mimi, his sister of the same litter. I know she won't do anything but I want to help the club with the count. My original thought was to take Jacks mother, Lottie out. Since she was spayed she has mellowed out enough I though she might enjoy a local show (She doesn't travel well). I, stupidly had shaved her partially this spring - she mats if you just look at her during shedding season. The coat has not grown back sufficiently to show her - bad planning on my part. Photos top to bottom: Jack, Mimi and Lottie in her winter coat

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Last fall I was in Lenox for my daughter's wedding, would love to return to that area and join you at the NEMO cat show but unfortunately it's much too far from home. However, if my daughter and her husband are planning to be back in the area I'll definitely mention it to them since she grew up with her favorite black Persian cat.

Fingers crossed for Jack when you go back to the vet. :crossfingers: Please give us an update after Tuesday. Thank you for the pics of Jack, Mimi and Lottie, all three gorgeous Persians. :redheartpump:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
posiepurrs posiepurrs - Jacaranda is just so beautiful; I'm sorry you won't have this chance to show him (although, to be fair, he's already both won the Region and is Grand Premiere, isn't he?). He's really a dreamboat though - a Golden with almost Chrome Tourmaline eye colour is so rare today, when so many Goldens seem to have faded irises.

If you look at that photo of him closely, you can almost hear him thinking, "I wish I lived in Olcott Beach."

;)

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes he has been a regional winner twice, is a grand premier and missed the grand premier of Distinction title by 2 all breed finals ( thanks to my boss not giving me the time off). He was also the highest scoring silver/golden premier in the world for 2 years. He is retired, but I was going to bring him back out to increase the count for the club.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
True. We live on the edge of wetlands and protected lands so have wildlife. Sometimes a suicidal mouse makes its way into my house. The other morning I got up to find one of the cats had caught a mouse and left it beside the bed for me. I am surprised I didn't step on it since it was still dark at the time I got up.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
USA is in my to do list, but I won't be able to make it there this time. However, if any of you feel like comming yo the North of Spain, I would be glad to be your very own Alex translator.
Would I bother you too much if I asked you what should I be working with for Freya (bengal) to be able to do decently in a show? I doubt she could win anything, but It would be nice to be able to go and meet other breeders and cat lovers. The nearest cat show is 400km away from my home, so I never go, bit if I do have a cat to take part, then It would kinda justify the trip.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
USA is in my to do list, but I won't be able to make it there this time. However, if any of you feel like comming yo the North of Spain, I would be glad to be your very own Alex translator.
My Spanish is a little rusty but I think I could get by, would love to visit you and see the sights in the North of Spain. Thank you for your kind offer but unfortunately it's not in the budget any time soon. :frown:

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Spanish is a little rusty but I think I could get by, would love to visit you and see the sights in the North of Spain. Thank you for your kind offer but unfortunately it's not in the budget any time soon. :frown:
We have the very best rainy months you can dream of from January to December, you can choose any date whenever you win the lottery or something, or if you suddenly become a Twilight Saga fashion vampire.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its probably best you start a thread about this. Essentially you can copy and paste this quotation down here.
The answer will be interesting to many: How to prepare for shows a Bengal.

Please, do so. :)

Would I bother you too much if I asked you what should I be working with for Freya (bengal) to be able to do decently in a show? I doubt she could win anything, but It would be nice to be able to go and meet other breeders and cat lovers. The nearest cat show is 400km away from my home, so I never go, bit if I do have a cat to take part, then It would kinda justify the trip.

KatsPurrrsians

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had been planning on taking Jack back out to this show too, but he injured his chin somehow and it has abscessed. When I found it almost 4 weeks ago I thought it would be healed by now, but it hasn't so back to the vet on Tuesday. I suppose I may take Mimi, his sister of the same litter. I know she won't do anything but I want to help the club with the count. My original thought was to take Jacks mother, Lottie out. Since she was spayed she has mellowed out enough I though she might enjoy a local show (She doesn't travel well). I, stupidly had shaved her partially this spring - she mats if you just look at her during shedding season. The coat has not grown back sufficiently to show her - bad planning on my part. Photos top to bottom: Jack, Mimi and Lottie in her winter coat

Wow!! Lottie & Mimi are absolutely breathtaking!!! And of course Jack! I love seeing your cats! I'm too far away to make it to MA that weekend & too tightly budgeted for a road trip, but if you're ever in the south of ole USA please do let us know! It would make my month to see your babies in a show!

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure the club is together any longer. It was fun going down and seeing all the beautiful silvers and goldens from around the world. You could really get a sense of how your breeding program was going seeing so many together at once. The only things I didn't like was the LONG drive - 12 hours if traffic was good, and I don't sleep well in a hotel.