Show your cat mug

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like you would enjoy a good brew or coffee, isn't it funny some cups just make your coffee taste better. I broke my favourite bone China cup and was devastated :( haven't found one as good yet.
Oh, what a pain!
I drink tea and coffee but am definitely not a gourmet when it comes to either - tea bags and instant coffee (or Aldi’s cappuccino sachets for breakfast) are fine for me!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like you would enjoy a good brew or coffee, isn't it funny some cups just make your coffee taste better. I broke my favourite bone China cup and was devastated :( haven't found one as good yet.
I hope you find a good one soon.
I used to buy coffee from a (then) local roaster that was quite wonderful. Indian Monsooned. I have a grinder so I bought whole-bean. And tea? Quite a few types -- Lapsang Souchang being a favorite. Now? Whatever already-ground brand is cheapest. I like Yuban, Folger's and Maxwell House. Tea is usually Lipton black.
So funny you should mention that. Growing up, I loved going to my best friend's family's house where her mom made the BEST iced coffee. From instant coffee, milk (not half & half like I was used to) and in a plastic glass. All that doesn't seem to add up to "the best," does it? But it was. My mom and I tried and tried to get that same taste. We bought the same ingredients. Put it in plastic glasses.
Nope.
And to this day, I always remind my (still) best friend of her mom's iced coffee and we chuckle fondly.

Last edited:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you find a good one soon.
I used to buy coffee from a (then) local roaster that was quite wonderful. Indian Monsooned. I have a grinder so I bought whole-bean. And tea? Quite a few types -- Lapsang Souchang being a favorite. Now? Whatever already-ground brand is cheapest. I like Yuban, Folger's and Maxwell House. Tea is usually Lipton black.
So funny you should mention that. Growing up, I loved going to my best friend's family's house where her mom made the BEST iced coffee. From instant coffee, milk (not half & half like I was used to) and in a plastic glass. All that doesn't seem to add up to "the best," does it? But it was. My mom and I tried and tried to get that same taste. We bought the same ingredients. Put it in plastic glasses.
Nope.
And to this day, I always remind my (still) best friend of her mom's iced coffee and we chuckle fondly.
That’s still the best way to make iced coffee in my book! I was taken aback when served cold black coffee with ice cubes in the US years ago - I don’t think it was even a thing making iced coffee that way here, then. Don’t know that it ever caught on, either - you don’t have to specify here when you order iced coffee!