Show Us Your Cats Together

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I love your cats- I'm ga ga for orange babies ,blacks always been my fave and Ghost is gorgeous

Funny,I now have 3,tabbys,a gray and a tortie!!! ???
😂 Gorgeous!

When I was younger I wanted a calico, and then one black and one white one. But I fell in love with orange cats because of my Nobel. The other two are helping me live out my childhood dream but Ghost was a BIG surprise. I certainly wasn't looking at white cats when I found him.

Tabbies are beautiful too. But I've had a black cat in my life since my aunt and uncle gifted me one at age 4. Beeps was found outside in the cold and had cold damage to his voice box so he made a "meeeh" sound instead of a meow. I don't have any photos of him though.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
A Alldara
Yes,orange babies are characteristically unique in quite a few ways- my Cheech showed me that just like your Nobel,thats what motivated me to study " behavior" and the effects " color" has on personality and really opened my eyes to a whole new world( 30 yrs ago!)Thanks to my little orange boy I was motivated to be much more thsn an animal " trainer"...... Funny how one little furball can change your entire life ... man I miss that baby

Just like you I've always had black cats( who are MAGNIFICENT!)- How's Ghosts personality? Sure is a beauty

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A Alldara
Yes,orange babies are characteristically unique in quite a few ways- my Cheech showed me that just like your Nobel,thats what motivated me to study " behavior" and the effects " color" has on personality and really opened my eyes to a whole new world( 30 yrs ago!)Thanks to my little orange boy I was motivated to be much more thsn an animal " trainer"...... Funny how one little furball can change your entire life ... man I miss that baby

Just like you I've always had black cats( who are MAGNIFICENT!)- How's Ghosts personality? Sure is a beauty
It's interesting that there's some personality correlation with fur colour!

Ghost is social as I expect from what I know of white cats. He's a very very sweet boy but has a stubborn streak that comes out occasionally. He has some stray habits, but overall we got lucky on that end too! He's only pottied outside the box once and that was my fault as I moved his toy before he "finished". He lives for play, catnip, pets and still has some food insecurity. I need to do an update in his thread. 😸

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
It's interesting that there's some personality correlation with fur colour!

Ghost is social as I expect from what I know of white cats. He's a very very sweet boy but has a stubborn streak that comes out occasionally. He has some stray habits, but overall we got lucky on that end too! He's only pottied outside the box once and that was my fault as I moved his toy before he "finished". He lives for play, catnip, pets and still has some food insecurity. I need to do an update in his thread. 😸
Please tag me when you do an update- I wouldn't want to miss it❤

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just curious on these pics were both cats adopted around the same time, so they bonded? W e have had cats for a while now and each seems to be solo artists they don't really interact with each other except maybe to play chase but no cuddling up or grooming the other The only chance I woulod have to get a picture of them together is if they are at their food dishes.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Just curious on these pics were both cats adopted around the same time, so they bonded? W e have had cats for a while now and each seems to be solo artists they don't really interact with each other except maybe to play chase but no cuddling up or grooming the other The only chance I woulod have to get a picture of them together is if they are at their food dishes.
No,none of my cats were adopted together ......There are many things you can do to help them engage with one another more but it does require a lot of time to work with cats that like their own space and of course you know I do not believe that you cannot teach an 'old dog"( or cat) new tricks .....

Many people do not think cats can be trained - of course everything is easier when basic obedience has been established,it's much more time consuming because cats have a pretty short attention span and are easily distracted..... Not all cats are going to be best buddies but all cats are wired to be social creatures and they are the most courteous and un intrusive animals I've ever known- you've heard of flight or fight with so many prey animals- cats more appropriately " avoid rather than conflict" because they don't truly have a hierarchy within a group so there's no need to fight to establish dominance .... Having said all that they are easily taught to " get along" and be motivated to engage with some help

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mine weren't adopted together either. All three were adopted a year or so apart. Mine are younger, so more inclined to play. That helps. But we encourage them all verbally such as when they are interacting, giving them things to do as a group, with enough space for them to be as a group...like using a big bin for them to look outside rather than the small chair which we use only if we aren't opening the door for long periods. Even encouraging play in front of one another is great. Sharing high reward treats like a Churu... though I always let them share at least 2 at a time.
I even tell them how good they are if at different levels of the same tree or opposite ends of the couch. Anytime they are "together".

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine weren't adopted together either. All three were adopted a year or so apart. Mine are younger, so more inclined to play. That helps. But we encourage them all verbally such as when they are interacting, giving them things to do as a group, with enough space for them to be as a group...like using a big bin for them to look outside rather than the small chair which we use only if we aren't opening the door for long periods. Even encouraging play in front of one another is great. Sharing high reward treats like a Churu... though I always let them share at least 2 at a time.
I even tell them how good they are if at different levels of the same tree or opposite ends of the couch. Anytime they are "together".
Love this .. praise & reward,great motivation!!!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
image.jpg

Sami was grooming Bellas head and Timmy thinks thats pretty interesting stuff....it's all new to him,he's getting the hang of it and likes when it's his turn