Show The Muzzle

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kat0121 Kat0121 - I just adore Sophie - and those copper eyes are absolute dynamite!
Thank you. :blush: She is my feline soul mate. I went to the shelter after seeing Lily (who I love more than oxygen) on their site. She was in a room with her brother (who had been adopted and was waiting for his family to come get him) and her sister. When I went in the room, Lily and her brother were front and center playing. The third cat was hiding under a chair in the corner. The shelter worker who brought me in gave me a bag of Temptations and then waved towards the corner where this little black cat was hiding. She told me (verbatim), "You can just ignore her. She's not friendly." :mad2:

OK. Hold on. WHAT? What shelter employee tells a potential adopter to "ignore" an adoptable animal? This one definitely did. :fuming:

Anyway, I played with Lily and her brother and gave them treats. As the little girl (her name was Midge) in the corner watched her siblings play with me and get treats, she started inching closer. I watched her and asked her if she wanted some treats. As she got closer, I tossed her a treat or two. Soon, she was playing with her siblings and taking treats from me. She became comfortable enough that she started eating from the bowl of food that was sitting beside me. I started petting her while she ate and she was fine with it.

I went back up to the reception desk and the same worker asked me how it went and if I'd be taking Lilith. A second later, I heard someone say, "I'll take BOTH of them." I looked around a second before realizing that I had said it. :lol:

The girl was stunned. She could not believe that someone wanted Midge. She said that "none of the workers or volunteers were able to bond with her so I must be special." (also verbatim)

You have to wonder how many other people they said that to. :ohwell:

Lilith and Midge were spayed the following day and I took them home the day after that. Midge became Sophie and we adore each other. Lily and I have a really wonderful relationship and we love each other dearly but Sophie and I have just a little bit more. I think she knew that I refused to leave her alone in a place that would so easily dismiss her as being "unfriendly". She would have had to watch both her siblings leave with a couple of days of each other. :headshake:

I found out later that they had been there all of 2 weeks. It took them 2 weeks to pass that judgement on her. :frown:

Oh well. She is mine and I am hers and that's the way it is supposed to be. :bliss:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. :blush: She is my feline soul mate. I went to the shelter after seeing Lily (who I love more than oxygen) on their site. She was in a room with her brother (who had been adopted and was waiting for his family to come get him) and her sister. When I went in the room, Lily and her brother were front and center playing. The third cat was hiding under a chair in the corner. The shelter worker who brought me in gave me a bag of Temptations and then waved towards the corner where this little black cat was hiding. She told me (verbatim), "You can just ignore her. She's not friendly." :mad2:

OK. Hold on. WHAT? What shelter employee tells a potential adopter to "ignore" an adoptable animal? This one definitely did. :fuming:

Anyway, I played with Lily and her brother and gave them treats. As the little girl (her name was Midge) in the corner watched her siblings play with me and get treats, she started inching closer. I watched her and asked her if she wanted some treats. As she got closer, I tossed her a treat or two. Soon, she was playing with her siblings and taking treats from me. She became comfortable enough that she started eating from the bowl of food that was sitting beside me. I started petting her while she ate and she was fine with it.

I went back up to the reception desk and the same worker asked me how it went and if I'd be taking Lilith. A second later, I heard someone say, "I'll take BOTH of them." I looked around a second before realizing that I had said it. :lol:

The girl was stunned. She could not believe that someone wanted Midge. She said that "none of the workers or volunteers were able to bond with her so I must be special." (also verbatim)

You have to wonder how many other people they said that to. :ohwell:

Lilith and Midge were spayed the following day and I took them home the day after that. Midge became Sophie and we adore each other. Lily and I have a really wonderful relationship and we love each other dearly but Sophie and I have just a little bit more. I think she knew that I refused to leave her alone in a place that would so easily dismiss her as being "unfriendly". She would have had to watch both her siblings leave with a couple of days of each other. :headshake:

I found out later that they had been there all of 2 weeks. It took them 2 weeks to pass that judgement on her. :frown:

Oh well. She is mine and I am hers and that's the way it is supposed to be. :bliss:[/QUOTE
:yess::clap::salam::clap2::cheerleader::bouquet::rock::catlove::catrub:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I hope your not saying these nice things so you can sneak up and pinch Kiwi. We know what your like you know, dont we mightyboosh mightyboosh and @basscat .

The Cat Collector.
Yes we do! So much so that I feel the need to come to your place and look after Kiwi. She may even need 'protective custody.' Obviously she would be returned when the coast is clear.........honest.......so, address?