Should I Add Vitamin C?

samyoz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys!

I've been following Dr. Pierson's recipe since I got my cats [Making Cat Food]

the thing is -as for most raw recipes- there's been a warning from being 'creative',
but my cats got fungi which I'm treating now, and my vet attributed it to the immune system deficiency, and suggest to give them Vitamin C in their food/water every now and then to boost their immunity and prevent that from happening again, the thing is that that would never work, Vitamin C has this strong odor which both of my cats would never take a sip of anything I put Vitamin C,
So I thought maybe I put it in their food with the other supplements I use, that ways they will get vitamin C constantly,

what you think guys?
And if affirmed, how much should I add?

Last edited:

dhammagirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Vitamin C has a very sour taste, so I'm not sure how you would disguise it.
Cats, as obligate carnivores, make their own vitamin C, unlike humans and other non-carnivores that have to get it from food. Anyway, perhaps there's a ready-made feline supplement for immune system boosting?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samyoz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Vitamin C has a very sour taste, so I'm not sure how you would disguise it.
Cats, as obligate carnivores, make their own vitamin C, unlike humans and other non-carnivores that have to get it from food. Anyway, perhaps there's a ready-made feline supplement for immune system boosting?
no I don't think I have access to such a thing,
the fungal infection got my cat very badly I don't wanna see him like this, I wish something I can do to heal him faster

dhammagirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are you able to get stuff from Amazon.com? There's a good selection of feline supplements, including ones that have vitamin C, available there. :-)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samyoz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are you able to get stuff from Amazon.com? There's a good selection of feline supplements, including ones that have vitamin C, available there. :-)
Amazon's shipments take at least 3 weeks and I will make the food today or tomorrow