Should i add another kitten to my household?

nessam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone.

For the past few weeks I've been thinking about getting another Kitten to accompany the two cats i have currently. Today i was scrolling through Facebook and noticed one of my friends cats just had a litter of kittens, and she is giving them up for adoption when they turn 8 weeks old in October. By the time i had saw the post she had promised all but one of the kittens to other people, but one was left and i asked if i could take it. It is a beautiful little boy kitten. I currently have two 3 year old cats. My female, Rae, is very calm and docile. She can be very loving at times but often she just does her own thing. My male, Louie , is very active and is very attached to my children and I. He can be aggressive and will often try to cuddle/play with Rae when she just wants to be left alone, which leads to an occasional conflict between the two. I'm wondering if i get this new kitten, will it mix well with my cats. Could Louie possibly feel threatened by another male cat? I'm sure they would welcome it as they're both very friendly, but id just like to know if there are any possibilities of disputes between them, and if it is the smartest decision to get this new kitten.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When the kitten gets big enough, Louie will have a life long playmate.  You'll have to monitor to make sure he isn't too rough on the little kitten.  Would your friend consider keeping the kitten with mom until he is 12 weeks old?  The mom will teach him kitten manners and he should be 3 lbs by then.