Should he bring a Siamese into our cat clan?

GataAgapy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,

I’m looking for some advice please. We have a two year old tabby/part-Bengal female, an eight month Bengal female and a six month part-Bombay female. The two kittens are best of friends, they adore each other! The two year old keeps to herself a bit more but still very sociable with us humans (my husband, son and I), and occasionally sits with the kittens. They are our only pets and they have full access to our three storey house and garden which is cat secure so they can’t get out. Plus we’ve build cat climbing shelves, bridges and towers all around the living room walls so they have lots of places to go and climb/chill out. My question is, my son would love a Siamese, and I’ve always loved them too. I’ve never had one and heard they can be grumpy, so I’m worried about her not getting on with our other cats or making them uncomfortable or being uncomfortable herself. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you 😊🐈🐈⬛

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had Siamese and part Siamese for over 50 years. I have never had a 'grumpy' one. I have had them very protective of their humans, if they perceive a threat stood their ground and they have growled, hissed etc. especially at delivery and mailpeople. I have never had an instance where they have hurt anyone. They are VERY people-oriented, are very intelligent, and will talk to you quite often, and are stubborn. In fact, I always ask if people know if there is Siamese in the background when they say their cat talks a lot. They are very active and get along with all my other cats, they would do very well with active Bengals. I, personally, LOVE their outgoing personalities and will always have a soft spot for Siamese!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GataAgapy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have had Siamese and part Siamese for over 50 years. I have never had a 'grumpy' one. I have had them very protective of their humans, if they perceive a threat stood their ground and they have growled, hissed etc. especially at delivery and mailpeople. I have never had an instance where they have hurt anyone. They are VERY people-oriented, are very intelligent, and will talk to you quite often, and are stubborn. In fact, I always ask if people know if there is Siamese in the background when they say their cat talks a lot. They are very active and get along with all my other cats, they would do very well with active Bengals. I, personally, LOVE their outgoing personalities and will always have a soft spot for Siamese!
Thank you this is really helpful! I’m more sure than ever now! 😊😻