She's learned the gentle art of bribery.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I sat up later than usual, trying to finish untangling a wool skein. About 9.45 Daisy came out, practically looking at her little purrket-watch, and started head-butting me and messing about with the yarn. "I'll come to bed when I've finis this," I said. I could alm hear the "Humph!" in response. She went off, and a moment later I heard prolonged digging and covering in the litter. Went to check it, and yes, she'd done her second poo for the day, and was sitting on the bed looking pleased with herself. "All right, all right, I'll pack up and come to bed!" I said, and showed her her bribe worked. She was a happy cat! :catman:

CE8E87E3-C9E7-4BC6-B00E-A04C1F512587.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love it! They are so funny with their schedules and rituals aren't they?
They are! She clearly understood all those times I said "Do a poo and I'll come to bed" when she was overdue to do one. :lol:

And last night I went to bed earlier, and she hopped in and did a poo straight afterward! Reward for following her timetable correctly and being where I'm supposed to? :lol:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another variation: last night I got to bed by 9 but was still reading at 10. She gave what I could only interpret as a sort of "If I do this will you turn the light off?" look as she went to the litter. (It worked.)

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
˄ ˄
OK, you've now established a pattern, and your cat knows which button to press. He has trained you well.
She has indeed! :lol:
She also knows how to demand payment (payment for bribery? Not sure how that works, but Cat Logic will find a way).

10A2B7F5-0722-43A4-8EDE-CF40300CD058.jpeg