Share Your Artwork!

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen a thread like this around, hmm. I was wondering if there are any artists out there? Anyone like to paint or sketch? You don't have to share cat-themed art, anything will do!

I'll start with some of mine:
(To give some background here, the cat drawings are based on the book series Warrior Cats)

This is Gorsepaw, a young cat. He's part of my own Clan, SandClan.
image.jpg

This is his sister Juniperpaw.
image.jpg

This is Baireth Kingsworth, the main character of my novel.
image.jpg

And here is Mr. Kylo Ren from Star Wars with his handy-dandy lightsaber.
image.jpg

Comments and criticism are welcome!

So, anyone else have some art to share?

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Merlin77 Merlin77 , that is awesome! I especially love to see drawings and sketches of cats! Are cats a frequent theme of your drawings? Are Star Wars something you draw? I like your style.

Yes, cats are/were a frequent theme of my drawing and doodling. When I was younger in the 1990's, I did some pencil drawings of cats, I will hope to find them. I often wish to draw cats these days, but there is sort of a "disconnect" from my brain to my hands. I hope I can sketch some cats to post here! I will try! What a wonderful thread to see, as you said, any subject is fun! All the best!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Merlin77 Merlin77 , that is awesome! I especially love to see drawings and sketches of cats! Are cats a frequent theme of your drawings? Are Star Wars something you draw? I like your style.

Yes, cats are/were a frequent theme of my drawing and doodling. When I was younger in the 1990's, I did some pencil drawings of cats, I will hope to find them. I often wish to draw cats these days, but there is sort of a "disconnect" from my brain to my hands. I hope I can sketch some cats to post here! I will try! What a wonderful thread to see, as you said, any subject is fun! All the best!
Thank you!

Oh yeah, cats are a very frequent theme of mine... too frequent. :p The Star Wars stuff was a bit of a one-time thing, but there is a very looong story behind why I drew that picture... it's complicated. I was trying to prove to my sister that I didn't look like Kylo Ren. Long story short, it did not work!

I hope I get to see some of your cat sketches! :wave3:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Merlin77 Merlin77 I love the sketches! Keep up the good work!

R raysmyheart yes find those drawings or just start some new ones.

My problem is as a perfectionist I see nothing but mistakes with my drawings but I am trying not to pick out all the imperfections and just go with the flow. That's a hard lesson to learn-we are our own worst enemy aren't we?

It's been a few years since I last drawn any kritters-I wanted to start a pet portrait business but I had issues with getting the drawings to look life like enough for my liking..I hung on to this one for some reason.

This is Honeybee the first or second year I had her-she used to sleep in my robe-a black fleece one with stars on it-now Jon wears it.
honeybee.jpg

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise

My problem is as a perfectionist I see nothing but mistakes with my drawings but I am trying not to pick out all the imperfections and just go with the flow. That's a hard lesson to learn-we are our own worst enemy aren't we?

It's been a few years since I last drawn any kritters-I wanted to start a pet portrait business but I had issues with getting the drawings to look life like enough for my liking..I hung on to this one for some reason.

This is Honeybee the first or second year I had her-she used to sleep in my robe-a black fleece one with stars on it-now Jon wears it.
View attachment 218703
That is beautiful! :loveeyes:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 218703
She looks as if she could step out of the drawing. You should do more - a LOT more!

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Merlin77 Merlin77 Thank you.

Found the original photo I used...now I see I didn't tilt her head forward low enough-I have a hard time with getting angles and perspective correct even when using a grid...but it was fun to mess around.

View attachment 218731
It shouldn't be an exact copy the photo. You captured her and her essence beautifully. Start looking at how well you've done instead of what you think you've missed. If you see the drawing through our eyes, you'll realize how beautifully done it is.

Brooke_10121

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And boyy Warrior Cats, I used to read those a few years ago- a bit obsessed with them lol. I stopped reading them around the fourth apprentice I believe. I do still occasionally make warrior ocs though!

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
And boyy Warrior Cats, I used to read those a few years ago- a bit obsessed with them lol. I stopped reading them around the fourth apprentice I believe. I do still occasionally make warrior ocs though!
Same here!