Sex of Kitten !! HELP Please !!

Dipu4213

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I received a kitten from someone stating it to be a male. He is 3 months. I took him to a vet and they told me they aren’t sure what sex is as it doesn’t look like a female but also doesn’t have testes or penis that has grown.
what do you guys think upon looking .
Thanks

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why does the vet think that it doesn't look like a female?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dipu4213

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Why does the vet think that it doesn't look like a female?
They hadn’t explained to me but told me to come back in a month to confirm. But at 3
Months shouldn’t sex be evident ? Does the picture look like a female ?
thanks

The Goodbye Bird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Female. The vet probably thinks it could be a male due to such a high distance between holes. I've seen females with a large distance before and they never fail to confuse people.

Apparently very rarely when it looks like that it's a male with undescended testicles but it's my understanding that this case is the odd one out.

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is a female kitten, no denying it.
Can you post a picture of her face?

Linseylou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Definitely a female. I have 3 male cats that I got from a kitten, so I definitely know the difference lol

Dipu4213

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I posted another picture. Are you all positive it’s a female ??

Dipu4213

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am in a dilemma. She’s about 3 and a half months old I don’t want her spayed and my parents won’t allow her to have children. So I may have to give her up. However I received her/ him stating was a male. Vet said they haven’t seen anything like this and are saying it’s a female as of now and to wait a month to fully see. I am so confused !

Dipu4213

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just beleive as us humans they should be allowed to mate and have babies of their own. Idk just something I don’t want happening to her if she is a female.

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Definitely a girl, you should have her spayed. Humans can choose when to have babies and how many they want. Cat cannot. They will keep having babies and will have babies with their babies until it wears them out.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats aren't like humans. They're designed to have lots of babies in a short period of time and then die young. Which isn't really what we want for a pet. Spaying is best if you want her to have a long healthy life.

I mean, I guess you could keep her inside, not spay her, and not let her mate, but a cat in heat is highly annoying and I doubt your parents will put up with that. What was your plan for a male when he got to maturity and started spraying and howling to mate?

Did you get her from a breeder? If you decide to get rid of her, talk to them first. Most breeders don't want their babies going to just anybody. Although I kind of doubt their professionalism if they can't properly sex a kitten :/.

The Goodbye Bird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just beleive as us humans they should be allowed to mate and have babies of their own. Idk just something I don’t want happening to her if she is a female.
I have a lot of the same feelings sometimes. But always mixed.

If you had a couple of pet humans you could manage to have this as a philosophy because they thankfully have only one baby at a time. You could even still have positive selection in the direction of health and quality because the good ones could get a couple extra babies and the ones that aren't ideal could still have just one. Everybody wins.

Cats, okay, maybe. They pop out about three and usually you get a female and two males. That's close to sustainable if everybody gets a litter, though every male does not; there are just too many males. Still it's going to be a little over because sometimes you'll get two females and sometimes you'll get like six total which is far over sustainable.

But what about animals like dogs that reliably pop out 8, or even a dozen? If everybody gets a chance to mate that's ridiculous explosive catastrophic unsustainable population growth.

The reality is that there are only so many homes and that makes it a game of musical chairs for who gets to mate. Not everybody can. So then you have to ask: Is it less cruel to spay or cull?

I feel a little sad when a cat loses her uterus. But having everybody-gets-a-chance as a philosophy just doesn't work for animals that are evolved to overproduce because a lot of them die in the wild.