Seventh Generation Products

Wheekie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are these products safe around cats? What other household cleaners do you use?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To be honest the only product that I avoid is PineSol because of the essential oils. I haven't tried 7th Generation but I have never had good luck with plant based natural cleaners. With the whole Coronavirus thing I have been more concerned with disinfecting and use either Lysol or Clorox cleaners. My cat is 17 now and is still in good health for being the age she is.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I use all organic products for everything, although I have not used Seventh Generation. I do this for myself and the cats and won't even begin to describe how far I have gone with this.

However, even the website treehugger said that in this time of COVID 19 they could understand the use of bleach based products safely in order to control contact with the virus. I do have Clorox Wipes in the house and I have used them to wipe counters and handles, etc. Everyone is fine.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Any household cleaner product is potentially toxic to people and pets, even those that claim to be safe to use around pets. Always read the instructions and follow them exactly. Follow up with a good thorough rinse or two with plain water if possible.

I use Seventh Generation dish soap on the cats' dishes. The cats are fine.

Many people use a baking soda and vinegar solution for general cleaning. It's safe to use around pets. Baking soda can leave a tacky residue sometimes so rinsing / wiping / steam mopping afterwards with water should be done.